Hello there ~
I hope everyone has had a blessed week so far!
My week has been great!
Little by little this week I have been pulling things out of drawers and closets and either tossing stuff out or storing it elsewhere to keep and then cleaning out that designated area real good so we won't have so much to do next week after the movers come.
I also have been cleaning all of Robert's military gear for him as he is turning that in Monday morning. I don't mind as most of it's machine washable or hand washable. Plus he hasn't had a lot of time to take care of personal matters (gotta love work keeping him busy) so I figured on top of everything else I would just clean his gear. He already said he appreciates that. Awwww...thanks honey! :-)
I want to thank you all for the sweet anniversary wishes!!! What a blessing they were to read! Thank you! :-) My mom had sent us a card with $25 in it. Thanks mom!
Yesterday 2 different people from the housing office came by. The first gentleman had a checklist and was here a total of 3 minutes. He just was checking big type items off for the movers so they can estimate weight, boxes, etc. He was like 'the transportation office has you listed down for 2 days worth of moving and you are allotted 9,000 pounds. Looking at your home all we will need is that one day (26th) and we will be done in about 3 hours. You probably only have 1,000 pounds here if that'. LOL...yeah I kind of figured. We don't really have a lot of stuff.
A second gentleman came by right after and was here for a minute just telling us to make sure our area rugs and Robert's bike was clean before the movers come.
And that was that.
Also, yesterday....Robert has begun clearing the base! Wooooohooooooooo!!!!!!!!
Our neighbor was kind enough to lend us their car while Robert does this (it usually takes several days to get everything done) which is a blessing. All they ask is that we keep it filled with gas which we have been. Gas is $4.24 now.
I have went clearing with Robert for a little while yesterday as I had to run errands myself.
I know he did some more clearing today and then will finish off probably on Monday after he turns his gear in.
I mailed 3 boxes to our realtor to put in our house for us. She said she didn't mind. They are small. We mailed all of our spices (well except the oregano which I found today while wiping out the spice cabinet ...ooops), all of our shampoos / shaving creams / lotions and body wash that I know the movers won't pack, and the last box had some of my recipe magazines, some books, a tape measure, and 4 of Robert's DVD's.
The guy at the post office rules! He charged me 1st class postage but mailed the boxes Priority. :-)
I am so greatful the weather has been so beautiful here. I cannot clean in a hot house, so I am praising God for cool breezes wafting though the windows.
Still got lots to do today and tomorrow and then thank God for rest and church on Sunday! I look forward to that!
Tonight we are having breakfast for dinner. Robert suggested it, so we'll have dirty eggs, bacon, potatoes, and pancakes.
Well I should try to get a little more cleaning done before Robert does get home, so I will see you all maybe on Sunday sometime!
May you all have a blessed weekend!
The Lord bless & keep thee!
~ Dawn

6 comments:
Whew! Busy, busy!
I must admit, I do not envy you with the packing and moving, as we did that ourselves earlier this year. Actually I had our old house packed up for almost 2 years before we found the house we bought. So I do feel for you, for I do know that the LORD will always redeem your time and give you the energy and ability it takes to tackle and overcome such a job.
I look forward to hearing how unpacking goes once ya'll get settled into the new homestead.
Prayers going out for a smooth and trouble free move. Blessings always.
Oh we don't pack anything...the Army does that for us :-)
They came on June 3rd and packed some stuff and next week they are coming to pack the rest. We just sit back and watch, then when they are done we sign the paperwork.
We have to clean our apartment up after they leave but that's it.
I don't mind unpacking. We really don't have that much.
We came over to Germany with alot more than we are going back to America with. :-)
God Bless You and thank you for visiting my blog!!!
Have a blessed weekend!
Dawn
sounds like you are getting everything all set for the move. You must be excited.
Such an exciting time!
Smiles,
Lea
Next year my hubby retires from over twenty years in the Air Force! He goes on terminal leave this NOvemeber. Please say a prayer that he finds a decent paying job!
Post a Comment