BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Devotion for June 10th ~ A Rugged Path ~


That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1 Corinthians 12:25


One evening while bringing in the cows, I noticed something among the cows that reminded me of people. The cow lane was not very wide. In some places it was muddy from the rain, with just a path on one side, so that the cows had to go single file.
One cow did not wait her turn but did what was normal for a cow. She shoved the next cow back, which caused a chain reaction. Another cow had to stop quickly, causing the cow behind her to bump into her. So she turned around and gave her a shove. One cow made it hard for them all. If she would have waited, they all would have gotten to the barn sooner. But cows being cows, they did not know any better.

Let’s think about ourselves. Jesus wants us to be considerate of others. How do we walk with our friends and brethren? Do we help wherever we can, or do we just go our own way and not help the brother sinking in despair? Do we notice if someone is hurting and struggling? What do we plan to do with our riches after we have them all hoarded up for ourselves? We cannot take them with us into eternity. After all, these material goods are God’s, so why not share with others? Let us cheer one another along the rugged road of everyday life.


Reuben Miller, Holton, MI

Love thy neighbor as thyself.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome post, Dawn. This is so true, sometimes we get so wrapped up in ourselves, that we forget it is not about us. We are here to serve God and others before ourselves. Thanks for this wonderful devotion!

Anonymous said...

Great devotion, Dawn.
It is, too, something I often forget that I need to constantly remember.

Wonderful post, thanks!!

~ Lacy

PS. I registered a blogger account so I could post here. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn, I would love it if you would email me, qfmamato4@rochester.rr.com
I have soemthing I would like to ask you. Thanks

also great post!

EnglishRuth said...

Dawn

Where did you find the lovely Amish photo on your blog?

Thanks

Ruth

Darelina said...

What do we plan to do with our riches after we have them all hoarded up for ourselves? We cannot take them with us into eternity. After all, these material goods are God’s, so why not share with others?

This is such a good point. I've been really pressed about all the things we own in our home that are just honestly, "useless junk". We've been "collecting" things for a very long time, saying, oh this has value, this is worth something and sits and grows dust. I'm so over it, I just want to chuck it all out of this house! Still praying the Lord will put it on my hubby's heart, so hubby will let me! lol

Amy said...

How very true! Thank you for sharing this important reminder, Dawn. :o)