Well, me and the hubby went to the Transportation office on base today to get dates set up for when the movers can come get our stuff.
They will be coming 3 different times.
The first time they will come will be June 4th and that will be to pick up what's known as our 'unaccompianed baggage' which is the stuff we will want to be in Texas when we get there like pots, pans, some clothes, towels, etc.
They said it should be there by July 9th or sooner.
Then June 26th & 27th is when they will come and get everything else, known as 'house hold goods'. And that should be in Texas August 28th or earlier.
We have a pre-inspection of our items June 20th. They just want to get an idea of how much stuff we have and what boxes to bring with them, etc.
We are allowed 9,000 lbs. for our weight limit...that's a little much...lol. But the guy said when we moved here we had 2,000 lb. worth of stuff.
It will be less this time around as we arent taking our desk (it was given to us for free and is this huge clunky thing that can literally kill somebody) since we never use it and our entertainment center is about done had it. We don't think it's going to survive another move so we are going to toss that as well and then when we get to Texas just get a small TV stand.
We have to still call and get an appointment for the car but we are holding off on that as we need new back tires still for it and getting tires around here is like pulling teeth! Ugh... Where is a Chevy dealership or a Goodyear when I need one!
Now in 2 or 3 posts down I was talking about how we were going through another mortgage company to try and get a loan. Well, we were denied...again (not suprised) and all because Robert doesn't have a job lined up when he gets there....ugh.
But....
Beverly called the seller of the house (Paul) and he said he is happy to work with us in a buyer - seller type thing. Where we pay him the money (and he said we can do that for up to 2 years), and then we can refinance once we get settled and Robert gets a job.
Praise God for Paul! :-) He knows we have funds, he knows our situation and he knows Robert is going to look for a job once we get there and that's a blessing that he trusts us. At least somebody does these days.... :-)
Paul is even offering his deal at a 5% interest rate. Cool huh? :-)
The 16th of May we have Robert's 'hail & farewell' at some resturant. I will have to get some Euro out for that. The Euro rate is slowly increasing which is good. Hopefully it keeps increasing till Thursday when I have to get some out. :-)
Gas is $3.78 and we had 3/4 left in our car today so we decided to fill it up...$30!!!! To fill that up. Imagine if it would have been on empty, probably would have been $40 to fill it up. So much for having some left over spending money....
Oh...I must tell you all...since time is short for me, I will not be selling any more on eBay while in Germany...but I still have lots of 'stuff' left over to sell.
So.... in a few days I am going to post a virtual yard sale here at On A Quest For Plain Living and listing pictures of everything I want to get rid of and including the prices which will include shipping.
It will be first come first serve type thing. Whoever e-mails me first saying they want the item, then it's their's.
I don't know the exact date, may be tomorrow, may be the next day, so keep checking back.
I will be selling things from plus size modest clothing, unopened packages of dryer balls, body wash (never used of course), shoes, and who knows what else.
Alright well it's 80 degrees outside which means it's probably 90 degrees in the house (Germans don't have air conditioning) so I need to try and do some cleaning and getting things ready for this virtual yard sale....
God Bless You!
Dawn

6 comments:
I am glad you are not going to lose the house. Jack and I are also doing lease to own. It works out very nicely thank you! LOL! Huggles.
Congrats! And I can't wait to visit the virtual yard sale!
**Hey here's a big hug from me to you**
Glad everything is working out and hope the move goes very well!! I know your excited to get back in the states!!
Jenn
That's great that you still get to buy the house you want! Such a relief...
Good luck with the move. All the red tape gives me a headache. LOL
It must be cool to not have to worry about the weight. Our total allowance was 11000lbs, I think, and we have 6 children. Bunkbeds add up fast! (Not to mention the clothes, toys, and school books.)
It sure is exciting to get the dates set.
I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and your kind comments! I wish you the best for a smooth move :)
Post a Comment