One of the many beautiful roses outside our complex.

Yesterday (Friday) our gas was $3.88/gallon. Today we drove by our little station and seen it went up $0.12 overnight. I just had to get a picture.

Nice keyboard huh? It's all mine :-)

Hope all my lovely readers are having a beautiful Saturday! Well yesterday (Friday), my hubby had to work from 9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. even though he was supposed to have the day off. As soon as he got home we gassed up the car, went to the base exchange to cash a check and made our way down to Ramstein Air Force base. It only took us 53 minutes to get there rather than the hour and 15 minutes. Probably because there wasn't much traffic on the Autobahn.
We got to Bro. & Sis. Behar's (Joseph and Lisa) house and fellowshipped with them till almost 11 p.m. Joesph had some military gear to give to Robert. Some type of plates they use in Iraq that Robert never got but he has to turn them in soon. They were brand new, still in the wrapper! They would have cost us $1200 had God not intervened and found these plates for us. :-)
Lisa was giving a bunch of DVD's away and Robert found 5 he liked and she charged him $1 a piece. The rest she is currently selling on eBay and making a killing off of them.
Robert and I were starving and were planning on going to Chili's and The Behar's said they wanted to go with us (by now it was 9 p.m.) so Joesph called and made a reservation which we had an hour and 45 minute wait so we waited at their house fellowshipping and what not.
Then drove the 5 minutes to Chili's where we had a good meal, even though the waiter kept forgetting my drinks each time. Robert was like 'how could you miss the headcovering?' LOL.
The keyboard was used by my old Pastor's wife. It was originally The Behar's and they gave it to our Pastor's wife to use, but of couse she is long gone since the church closed on Easter and it's just been sitting in the Behar's living room and I told them I had an interest in it. :-)
I asked how much they wanted for it. Joespeh said if we paid for their meal at Chili's, the keyboard is ours. Wow!
Their meal totaled about $26, so I got a nice big Casio keyboard for $26!
We fellowshipped at Chili's till 11 p.m. and then it was time to head out as we had a long drive home.
The Behar's will come down next month to say their goodbyes so we didn't say our goodbyes last night.
Got home about 12:30 a.m. but didn't get to bed till a little after 2 a.m.
Today as we were heading out to run some errands and grocery shop, we passed by our gas station and had to pick our jaws up off the ground as we seen the price had jumped $0.12 overnight! I couldn't resist getting a picture of the $4 sign.
I normally do not shop at our commissary as they don't have a big selection of items. Well, with the base closing, the selection was even more scarce than I have seen in a long time. Lots of empty shelving space! It was rather scary...lol.
But I saved $17.50 in coupons and only spent $80 total.
Lots of the things we bought are for our new home in Texas (toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo, etc.) and we are beginning to stock pile our fridge and freezer of meats and things as we won't have a car anymore come June 3rd.
Next weekend is our last weekend with the car and we plan on going to the commissary in Mannheim to finish the rest of our bulk shopping for June.
Robert is resting now and I am going to do some light cleaning as the weather is beautiful and not hot out at all.
Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner tonight.
Tomorrow church for me! Yippee!!! :-)
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Memorial Day.
God be with you all,
<>< Dawn<><
6 comments:
No fair (sounds of sobbing!)
You are paying less than we are!
We are well over $4.
By the way, read our post on the proposed fuel tax yesterday.
Good stuff....
Paula
Do you play the keyboard? The rose was awesome. Wow about the gas prices overnite!! We haven't left the house today but yesterday it was $3.89.9
what a pretty rose. Sounds like you had a wonderful day and that was quite the deal on the keyboard.
The mennonite my son steven goes to allows musical instruments and many of the members are converts so lots of common backgrounds. The women still dress in cape dresses and wear veils like in your header photo. You might enjoy visiting with that fellowship when you are in Texas. The church is not more than 6 miles from our home.
We filled up for $3.79 last night
I plan on learning the keyboard. It's something I wanted to do for awhile but never went out and spent the money on one.
Patty, the church where your son goes, is it the one in Grandview? All I know is of the church in Grandview and the one in Scurry. Are there others?
Blessings to all!
The bases here sell gas by the litre for some reason, so no one know how much it "really" costs. :-P But when we filled up yesterday it cost about $75. I remember when the pumps would cut off if you went over $50.
You'll have to sweet-talk you movers to get them to pack the shampoo. (At least I did. We had it in ziplock bags inside an ice chest to guard against leaks.) It sure is exciting when you are so close to leaving.
It's over $4 here, it is so crazy! I remember the day when everyone was complaining about it being over $2 a gallon lol. HOW WE WISH it was that cheap now!
Post a Comment