But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1 Timothy 6:6
Sometimes, if we complain loud enough and long enough, we get what we want. “The squeaky wheel gets the grease.” It may make us feel good to complain. We feel we are better than people we are complaining about. But when we complain, we tell people that we lack something. We lack a grateful spirit. We forget all that God has done and is doing for us. We also tell others that we lack faith. We do not believe His promises to care for us and provideanswers for our problems if we ask Him.
Complaining damages friendships. No one wants a friend who continually talks about what is wrong. Complaining also makes our troubles worse. We become discouraged and lose hope. Worst of all, complaining leads us away from God. Romans 1:21 tells about people who knew God but did not glorify Him or give thanks to Him. As a result, their foolish hearts were darkened. Numbers 16 tells of God’s people complaining. As a result, 14,700 complainers were destroyed by a plague. Complaining, from God’s point of view, is serious. How can we stop complaining?
The first step is to admit we cannot do it ourselves. Jeremiah 17:9 tells us, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked.” We must confess to God and ask Him to take full control of our minds and tongues. We must realize that complaining is sin and ask God to forgive us and change us. Then we need to fill our minds with good things, as Philippians 4:8 tells us. It is very important to read God’s Word daily. When we feel discouraged, we should read Isaiah 41:10. The more we tell God our complaints, the less we feel like complaining to others. Let us replace complaining with prayer and thanksgiving.
Eli Yoder, Stuarts Draft, VA
The more I know Jesus, the more contented I become.
I know we all complain about something every single day, whether it be the rising cost of fuel and food, or the hot weather or the children making a mess after you just cleaned or a hubby that doesn't seem to listen to you.
It's easy to get frustrated that way.
Instead of complaining about these circumstances, we can turn it around and say 'thank God I have a roof over my head and some food in the pantry.' Or 'thank God for the messes I have to clean up after my children, it means they are here with me and not ill in the hospital or worse, the grave'.
I want you my fellow Bloggers, in the comment section here to go ahead and list 5 things you are thankful for today. It can be more than 5 if you like, but even when we are having the worst day possible, there is always something to be thankful unto our Heavenly Father for.
I can't wait to read your lists!!!
Here are mine:
1. I am thankful that God woke me up this morning and gave me the the breath of life to go about another day He has created.
2. I am thankful for His mercy and grace and for saving my soul in 2001. Oh praise the Lord!
3. I am thankful for my mom, my brother, my husband, and his family.
4. I am thankful for the ability to read so I can soak up the Word of God and learn from it.
5. I am thankful that God has allowed me to be a keeper at home, to allow me to take care of my groom and his castle, all the while saving tons of money in the process (meaning since I am not working, I am not eating out twice a day, we are not paying for a second car, second car insurance, etc.).
Your turn!
God Bless!
Dawn
22 comments:
1. His mercies, that are new every morning.
2. My husband.
3. My kids.
4. A home filled with food.
5. The Word.
My husband
My children
A Warm Home
food on the table
1. Good friends - even though they are cybers
2. cool weather
3. pretty flowers in my neighbors yard (no work for me!)
4. an ongoing education (reading materials)
5. healthy family
Great post!
I'm thankful for:
1. My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2. My husband and son.
3. The Lord bringing us out of Michigan to the beautiful farming area of Indiana.
4. Our church family.
5. A loving family which now includes a future sister-in-law and wonderful friends.
thats easy : )
1. The gift of salvation
2. A loving marriage
3. Children that are a blessing
4. Good Health
5. Our simple life
Okay here goes!
1. That Jesus died for me
2. My husband and neice
3. The singing of the birds
4. A new day to start afresh
5. A sweet little home to live in.
6. My little dog who makes me smile.
7. My dear internet friends.
8. The blessing of doing hobbies.
9. Great neighbors
10. Heaven-my retirement home
1.) That my husband washed every single dirty dish and pot while I took a nap.
2.) My parents, who are the awesomest ever!
3.) For my Bible(s)and that I can read them and learn from excellent teachers through the internet and real life.
4.) That I can cover and dress modestly at my workplace.
5.) For my sewing machines.
I'm new to your blog...I hope you don't mind if I participate...
1. I am so grateful for His Grace and Mercy.
2. For my hubby of 29 years this weekend. We've had a wonderful marriage full of trust and abundant love.
3. For my kids and my grandkids, all of them such blessings.
4. For the blessing of being able to be a Home Keeper
5. For the avenue of blogging where I can share my blessings and encourage and lift up others.
I could probably go on and on!
Thanks for letting me do that!☺
1. My Lord Jesus for being there for me each and everyday
2. My family for always being there for me no matter what
3. My home and a roof over my head
4. My Church where I can go to worship
5.Waking up to a brand new day with new things to see and do
Hey
I wanted you to read my latest post on my blog about skirts and give your feedback to me if possible..Thank you so much:) God Bless
This is a great idea Dawn!
5 things I'm grateful for are:
1. My Heavenly Father, who has been there both in good and bad times, never letting me forget His presence, love, grace and mercy!
2. My husband, who is steadily becoming more a man of God!
3. My daughter, who always amazes me. Today, she went to the dentist for her first real appt (teeth cleaning, x-rays, etc) and they were all going on about how good she was.
4. That our necessities are taken care of. We need nothing.
5. And lastly, but by no means, least... my friends, like you Dawn, who help me keep perspective and remind me to stop and think on all those things that God has provided me.
1. Jesus died on the cross for my sins.
2. I have a wonderful husband that loves me.
3. God provides for my every need.
4. My awesome church and church family
5. My health.
1. Salvation
2. My Church and the leaders
3. My Godly husband
4. The child God has given me
5. Peace
1. Faith
2. My son.
3. Our good health.
4. Having all of my needs provide for and many of my wants.
5. A great family.
Hi!!
I decided to make this a post on my blog!! Check it out!!
Love you
Amy
I am thankful for:
1.Kind comments on my blog (thanks for yours!)
2. My wonderful husband who works so hard to provide for me to stay home
3.The freedom to homeschool my children and bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord
4.The five children God has already blessed me with and anymore He plans to send my way.
5.The love of family and friends!
And of course... SALVATION!!
I thought of a verse while reading your post. One of the mom's in our homeschool group brought it up last year and it has really stuck with me.
Proverbs 14:4, "Where no oxen are, the crib is clean: but much increase is by the strength of the ox."
She said, "Where there are no children or no one at home all day, the house is clean...."
Thank you Lord for a messy house because it means someone is living here.
1. I am thankful for my beautiful children.
2. That my hubby is coming home this weekend...
3. That I have a great book to read, by an awesome Christian author.
4. That I got lots of mail this week from penpals.
5. Our home is safe and it is a pretty day.
1. Jesus
2. My family
3. The wonderful grandmother that I blogged about today.
4. A comfortable home
5. Plenty of food
1. I'M alive and healthy
2. my children are healthy
3. my mom is blessed with another day of life (she has lung cancer)
4. able to homeschool
5. able to stay at home
6. hubby has a good job
7 our
new lil home in a small town
8. THE LORD FOR SAVING ME....
1. I'm greatful that I live in our own house on our own land.
2. I'm greatful that we can grow and raise so much of our own food.
3. I'm greatful that my husband is happy with me being a stay-at-home wife.
4. I'm greatful that I can walk again.
5. I'm greatful that I'm pregnant.
GOD BLESS!!!
1. God's Grace in my life.
2. My amazing spirit-filled husband.
3. God's blessings which have allowed us to be able to afford a home, and everything we need.
4. music and singing!
5. God's peace in my marriage and my life.
I always tell people the same think when they start to complain to much.
1. The Lord
2. My husband
3. My children
4. My Bible/The Word
5. Life/Breath/Serenity/Peace
Post a Comment