One Day at a Time
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:6
I saw a poster that said, “I’ve been trying to live one day at a time, but lately several days have attacked me at once.” Have you ever felt that way? I have. What is it that makes it so hard to trust God one day at a time? Is it not because, with our human limitations, we cannot see one minute into the future? However, God
holds the future in His hand, and He sees the whole picture. Because we fail to trust God for the future, we begin to worry.
I am told that 40% of the things people worry about never happen. Thirty percent are things that have already happened; and we cannot change the past. Twelve percent are thoughts about our health. Worry has never cured any health problem. Ten percent are petty things that really do not matter. That leaves 8% for legitimate concerns. Prayer does 100% more good for these than worry does. So why worry when we have a heavenly Father who knows the future? Although we do not always understand, God does have a purpose, and as we learn to trust Him, we can enjoy each day as it comes.
We have no promise of tomorrow. If tomorrow never comes, then all the worry about it has done nothing but make us miserable today. Matthew 6:34 says, “sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.” Today has enough trouble. Do not add to it tomorrow’s.
Pray to God and trust Him with all your heart. He is able to do even more than we could ask or think (Ephesians 3:20). Enjoy this day; this will be your only
chance to enjoy it. If tomorrow does come, the Lord will still bethere to take you through.
Jesse Troyer, Crossville, TN
~Why worry when you can pray?~
Friday, April 11, 2008
A devotion...and musings from yours truly!
I so love devotions like this, the kind that bring conviction to the soul. They make you want to change things for the better and remember Whom we are serving!
I thank God the brother in Christ who sends them to me and I am greatful I can share them with you.
I have been sick with a cough and cold since being back from Texas so I haven't been up to much besides sleeping the days away, which is good. I love to sleep!
I got over the jet lag after the 2nd day being home, but I think Robert is still bothered by it.
Thankfully he has the weekend to catch up on his sleep.
Hopefully by next Monday (14th) I am going to be listing a bunch of plus size modest clothing on eBay. It's time to rid my closets of clothing that I never wear and besides, I am making room for cape dresses and the like.
Most of the clothing I will be selling on eBay has either never been worn or has been worn once or twice.
I will begin all prices at $0.99 with $6.65 for shipping.
Sizes will range from 18 - 24 W.
If you are interested, check eBay next week! My seller ID is: biblegirl1999
84 days left here in Germany. When we got home on the 6th we were stunned by how many more people have left, over the week we were gone! It's eerily creepy around this base, especially at night.
A prayer request for a friend of mine if you wouldn't mind praying.
A fellow sister in Christ, Desiree e-mailed me today and said her grandmothers lung cancer was back and it spread and doctors only gave her 60-90 days left.
Her grandmothers name is Irene and she is a born again Christian. We got saved the same year in the same church and she is just so sweet.
It breaks my heart to hear this news, but Desiree and I know we serve a mighty big God and nothing is too hard or small for Him.
Actually Desiree and I got saved in the same year in the same church as well. :-) So I guess all 3 of us got saved in 2001 a few weeks after each other. :-)
I do thank you for praying for Irene.
Well I need to go try to clean something without hacking up a lung...lol.
You all take care! I love you in Christ Jesus! <><
~ Dawn ~
Posted by Dawn at 7:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey, Nice post..hope you get to feeling better, it's not any fun having a cough and cold..ugh..lol..so what kind of clothes are you going to be selling? I know i need some plus size clothing when i get the money..hope you get to feeling better and i will ttyl
Your sister in christ
jennifer
Hey Dawn,
thanks so much for the encouragement on my blog. The Lord as usual has been faithful. thoughts of suicide are relativaly common occurance when I feel that way.My mom prayed with me that night and the Lord revealed alot of things to me. I would like to E-mail you about them if that is alright. I could see you and I becoming fast "internet" friends.
Get better soon hon! I will be praying for your friends Grandmother too. I bet you are really excited to get back to Texas!
Hi Dawn,
Praying your cold gets cold feet real soon...
Go breath some peppermint oil :o)
God Bless,
Paula
I said a prayer for Irene. Hope your cold is doing better, mine is almost gone (I think!).
Have a great weekend! ;)
Bev
Wow what a great post. Thank you. My prayers go to your friends grandmother. It's always terrible to hear such things.
I did the clothing clean out a few years back and it felt so great almost like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. Good luck with selling it.
Take care & God Bless!
Christine
Post a Comment