BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 16, 2008

~ Sunday musings ~




Today Robert and I woke up early and made a journey to Ramstein to go to my church out there. I do ask that you pray for this church and it's members and Pastor and his wife. It's closing it's doors soon, with it's last service being on Easter as there just isn't enough funds to keep it going. Plus people are getting deployed right and left and that makes it hard to have church when you barely have anybody there.
The service was a wonderful breath of fresh air. Oh, so refreshing.

Two Scriptures were taught on.

One was John 4:23 'But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.'

The other was taken from I Thessalonians 5:18 ' In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you'.


God wants us to worship Him as you can see by the first verse of Scripture. I don't know about you, but I LOVE to praise His glorious Name!
I love being able to lift my hands and worship my Creator.
Also speaking of another form of worship, when we are in church and singing, do you honestly believe what you are singing? Is it coming from your heart or are you just reading along absent mindedly?
Singing unto God is a wonderful way to worship. But it has to come from our heart.
I sure have had my share of church services where I might have been ill or something and have zoned out, but we allow other things to interfere with our time with God.
Many people sit in church and their mind is on grocery shopping, next week's plans, the pile of laundry, etc, but it is not on the one thing that matters -- GOD.
Or we let the baby crying, the cell phone going off or an unruly child catch our attention instead of using it to praise God.
Sisters, he demands our full attention. If you want to zone out, then zone out all the distractions around you and focus on Him.

In the second verse of Scripture..oh the conviction that came upon me this morning at church as Rev. Bellamy preached.
Ladies...we are to give thanks in EVERYTHING, not just somethings...every thing because IT IS THE WILL OF GOD according to Scripture.
I know it's hard to thank God when your husband loses his job. But thank God you still have food in the cabinets and a roof over your head. Praise God!
I know it's hard to thank God when you suffer a miscarriage, but have faith knowing you will see that little baby again in Heaven.
It's hard to thank God when the doctor says 'it's cancer'. You might even blame God (and hopefully repent later), but oh sister, thank God. Want to know why? Because He may be using that cancer, that miscarriage, that job loss to reach out to someone else.
When we have days where everything goes wrong and we can't take anymore, thank God. It could be much worse.
Rev. Bellamy was telling us that when he realized the church would have to shut it's doors, he was sad, yes, but he began thanking God for the souls who have gotten saved and are now serving God because there was a church there who preached the Gospel.
He thanked God for all the wonderful people he met and thankful God had used him and his wife to reach out to precious souls.


Robert and I are planning on going to the last service which is Easter. Maybe I will get a picture with the Pastor and his wife. :-)
Today after church we got to see what they had left over from a yard sale they had and we were able to get a large sized crock pot, a deep fryer and a cheese grater for $15!
Robert has always wanted a deep fryer and cheese grater and I wanted a larger crock pot so I can make roasts and such, so this was a blessing, especially with it all being so cheap. And it's in excellent condition. Sister Bellamy always takes wonderful care of her stuff.

Robert is doing 99% better with his kidney stones and I thank you all deeply from the bottom of my heart for your prayers. You all are truely amazing to me and such a blessing!
I am so glad I can rely on the saints of God knowing that when I ask for prayer, that you all are praying. <><

Well I hope you all had a nice Sunday!

Singing Glory To His Name,

Dawn

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Sister,
Loved this blog posting! Its true we need to be prasing the lord and not let things get in our way!! I love yard sales what a great deal you got!! My friend gets married in may so she is very excited I can't wait to get pictures at the wedding, I am a picture freak..lol..pray for me I have not had such a great week, the depression is got worse and I go to the doctor on tuesday so just say a special prayer for me if you don't mind, i would be thankful for it!! Hope your weekend is going good and off to a great week!! Not long and you will be visiting texas!! God bless you my sister
Jennifer

deb said...

Hello. I have been off line and am now catching up on the blogs I like the best.

I have to admit, sometimes I am guilty of letting my mind wander during service. My pastor isn't a boring speaker, I just have so much trouble slowing down my mind. Its something that I am working hard on.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That is a wonderful post! Believe me I got strange looks for praiseing God a number of years ago when our car broke down and died on us. Why would I not praise Him? The car died on us at a convience store where there was a phone to call my dad. What if it had happened on the highway with no phone nearby?

MamaOlive said...

Thanks for the extra sermon this week. You are a real encourager.

If you want to play, there's a blog game that goes like this:
8 new things about me meme.
Here are the rules. You share 8 things that your readers don’t know about you. Then at the end you tag at least 8 other bloggers to keep the fun going.

Tag!

Anonymous said...

I hope y'all will be able to find another Bible-teaching, Christ-centered congregation to call home.

Happy, Happy Resurrection Day!

Michelle Therese said...

I kick myself for all of those times when I skipped out on daily Mass or some church activity because I was "too tired" or some other lame excuse. Now I can't get anywhere near my church except on Sundays and I realize how good I had it and how much I took my ability to go to church for granted!!