By Max Lucado
Do you want to know how to deepen your prayer life? Pray.
Don't prepare to pray. Just pray.
Don't read about prayer. Just pray.
Don't attend a lecture on prayer or engage in discussion about prayer. Just pray.
Posture, tone and place are personal matters. Select the form that works for you. But don't think about it too much.
Don't be so concerned about wrapping the gift that you never give it.
Better to pray awkwardly than not at all.
And if you feel you should only pray when inspired, that's okay. Just see to it that you are inspired every day :)
I'm not a big Max Lucado fan but I just got done reading this book called The Glory of Christmas and he has a few pages of things in there and the above is one of them. I loved it! It is so true!
It doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing, we need to pray!
I love to pray walking / pacing back and forth. I love it!
I do pray sitting down as well, but I walk / pace more often.
If I pray kneeling I probably won't be able to get back up...LOL.
With this new year...pray like never before. Pray for yourself, for your spouse, for your future spouse, for your neighbor, for your Pastor, for your enemy, for your brothers and sisters in the Lord. Just pray.
New Year's blessings,
Dawn
7 comments:
the prayer of the heart is portable, goes any place and is heard any place at any time.
Amen!
PS-- Can we be pen pals? I'd love to have some real mail to look forward to. :) I'll e-mail you my address.
~Anna
Aye, indeed. There is only one way...that is to pray.
I love this!
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Amen, dear sister!! Praying for all that & more!!
I have come across several people who say that they don't know how to pray. This always surprises me Prayer can be as simple as having a running conversation with God while you do dishes. In fact, everything that you do in life, if it is done for the glory of God, is a prayer. That can be as simple as getting up early to make your family a healthy breakfast. The very act is a prayer.
Post a Comment