BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 3, 2007

Help, I'm addicted to candles and I can't stop! LOL. And other ponderings in my mind.


My husband got off work early today and originally we were going to go back to Wiesbaden / Mainz Kastel tomorrow, but we decided to go today instead, so that way we can just sleep in tomorrow. We are both tired from waking up at 5:20 a.m. all this week to get him off to work, so we are looking forward to not having to wake up to an alarm tomorrow morning.
We went to Mainz Kastel first. Robert got 2 DVD's. I got the 4 packs of candles you see above (the one with the blue broken glass). They were on sale for $2.43 each. And they make my house smell sooooooo good!!! Oh my goodness!!!
We then drove down the road to the base exchange in Wiesbaden. Our 1st stop was dinner at Subway! *drooling* I haven't had Subway in months and it was sooooo good. We then went next door to Cinnabon for dessert and I got a pecanbon and Robert got a regular Cinnabon. *drooling even more* :)
Robert bought a book at the book place in there.
We then went inside the main exchange. I got the 3 packs of Yankee Candle tealights above on sale for only $5 each (originally $8 each). Jar candles were on sale too, but I didn't want to spend too much on that. Plus, I love tealights so much as I place them through out the house to cast off soft glows on the wall and leave a heavenly scent. I also purchased some black trouser socks, sponges, and shoe inserts (50% off those).
We were both exhausted so we decided to call it a day and head home. We were planning on going to the commissary (military term for grocery store) but they were closing up as we were leaving, so, oh well.
We are debating about going to spend the day in Ramstein tomorrow. It's an Air Force base 1 hour and 30 minutes from us and so much to do. We'll see what time we wake up tomorrow. :)
I want to thank all of you who read my blog and say it encourages you. I never thought that I could encourage someone else...seriously, I blame my inferiority complex on that...LOL. I do like encouraging others because it encourages me! I feel privlaged and blessed to be able to pray for someone, or just to give them an encouraging word if they are having a rough time. We are to rejoice with those that rejoice and weep with them that weep. :)
I want to say that I am not a perfect Christian. My house is less than perfect. It's clean, but not as clean as I would like it. I have a lazy side to me and it will shows sometimes in my house.
I get frustrated at my husband, however more and more I am giving kind words and the feelings of frustrations are disappearing.
I don't pray and read my Bible as often as I should because I get lazy.
I do get depressed being here in Germany, in fact I had suicidal thoughts at one time because I just wanted to get out of this country so bad.
My husband is a good man, good provider and head of the house, but he refuses to be the spiritual head of the house. He refuses to pray and read the Bible with me because of our differances. That leaves me spiritually starved alot, but I stir myself up for the Lord. It would be nice though to get some encouragement from him once in a while.
My husband and I have serious intimate issues, mainly my fault. I feel bad when I can't meet his most basic intimate need, but I have got issues and will continue to pray for God for a healing.
I do love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my strength and strive daily to walk with Him and seek His face. He is my everything! He saved me from Hell. He called me out to serve Him, to be a shining light to this darkend world.
I love to praise Him! I love to raise my hands and cry out to Him with the requests from other saints.
I love being around like minded Christians. I don't have enough fellowship where I am at and crave it so much. That's why I am always online it seems...LOL.
I wrote the above because I just want to let you know that I am not a perfect Christian. Many blogs portray Christian woman as the perfect wife, no flaws, no nothing, and I think many people see that and get discouraged in their own lives. We must remember, the computer is one dimensional. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes in their homes. All we see is what's typed on the computer.
I just don't want anyone out in blog world to say "I want to be just like Dawn Marie because she has it all together". That is far from the truth...LOL.
I do my best to encouage you all and give you a peak into my heart. I do not lie on my blogs. Everything you have read is 100% true.
*Heavy sigh* I feel better... ;)
Well it's 10 p.m. here. I need to get in the shower and pray, and read Scripture and then off to bed I go.
God Bless you all. I hope and pray your weekend is awesome!

6 comments:

Mary Jo said...

My husband would like for us to get stationed at Ramstine, I don't want to go to Germany so much. Its funny how you can feel isolated in a place. I feel Isolated at this base and we are stateside. We have been stationed here two times for a total of five years and I just for whatever reason do not find people that I can click with. I know people and there are people that I like but no one I would call and say do you want to go to luch with me, or up to the city for the day. On the other hand I long to go back overseas. I had bonds with women overthere and I miss it, crave it. I feel the comunity is tighter, but it may have been because we moved there three months before 9/11 and everyone just kinda looked out for you too. Every person is different too. I would love to see Germany but I think it would be hard to live in a country where the I did not speak the native language so it would probaby be a harder assignment for me.

Anna said...

Dear, dear, Dawn! Welcome to the Not Perfect Club! :) Its a cozy club of 6 billion strong.

We, your readers, love you and will pray for you. We're arm and arm~strong and watching each others' backs.

As for being sad about living in Germany, let me offer you some perspective: I promised my now deceased grandfather that some day I would visit Europe, the places where his family lived. Such a trip is far, far in the future for us but I dearly hope to accomplish it. You are there, in the middle of all of the stories I carry close to my heart of the places where my ancestors lived! Relish it...you've been given a great, great opportunity.

I will also recommend the following group near Darmstadt you might like to visit:
http://www.kanaan.org
You're husband may also like to see them.

Blessings!

Anna

Anonymous said...

Dawn, It is because you never pretend to be perfect we love you so!!

Bless you dear sister
Amy

~~Mikki Jo said...

Dawn, Hi and thanks for stopping by my blog. I too love candles and especially old oil lamps. I applaud your honesty. I am far from perfect myself. And my lazy streak is longer than I'd care to admit, lol. But, God is still working on us, thank goodness! I'm waiting on some sewing the Amish is doing for me. A cape dress and kapp. I've been out in the garden today, admiring all of the beautiful harvest. I'm hoping to have some extra to take to my Amish friends. I hope your having a wonderful day today. I pray the Lords blessing rest upon you today and everyday. In Christ, Mikki

Mrs. Anna T said...

None of us is perfect - but we can still encourage others!

Jimena said...

I just discovered your blog and I am so touched with your sincerity and your love for God, your husband and your readers. None of us has perfect lives, and we all can get discouraged and what not... but we can also stand up each time we have fallen, shake off the dust and keep walking. I have been touched by your posts and feel encouraged to keep walking :) Thank you, the Lord bless you, keep you and thanks for sharing.