It has been 6 years give or take a few days since I knealt down at an old fashion altar and gave my life to Christ. 6 years...wow... it doesn't seem that long ago.
No, I don't remember the exact date I got saved. It was either the end of July or the first week of August 2001. Not too long after that I got the Baptism of the Holy Spirit (yes I am a tounge talker).
Within these 6 years of new life, the road wasn't always easy before me, but as I grew in Christ, so did my faith and my walk with Him. I knew I could always count on Him to help me, to guide me, to instruct me, to steer me in the right direction. He still does to this day.
God has never let me down, but I know I have let God down many many times. However He is faithful and just to forgive me of my sins and cleanse me of all unrighteousness :)
I got saved at New Testament Christian Church in Junction City Kansas. I will be forever greatfull for the sister who invited me out to church to hear the Gospel. I love her to pieces! And I hope we meet again someday because I miss her.
I have not been baptized since I became a believer. Oh I have had many opportunites...but for some reason, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I guess I felt that I wasn't good enough each time, who knows.
I would perferably rather get baptized within the orginazation I got saved in (New Testament Christian Church), rather than the church I attend now (Bible Baptist Church). BBC's version of baptism, is like...once you get baptized with them, you are pretty much a member of the Baptist church. At least that's how I precieve it from the Pastor. In my mind, I am like "ummm, no thanks". :)
There is a NTCC an hour and a half away from me and I go there from time to time because I have friends there and the Pastor and his wife I knew back in Junction City. We have talked about going down to the river to be baptized but it hasn't went further due to the fact, I don't live nearby. But, we'll see.
Anyway's I just wanted to type this and give glory to God for redeeming my soul 6 years ago, and for opening my eyes to His truth. Heavenly Father, I thank you, and will be forever greatful, you chose to call me out from the world to serve You! I will continue to serve You as long as their is breath in my body. I love you Lord!

5 comments:
AWESOME!!! It's amazing how important your spiritual birthday becomes in your life - better even then a regular birthday! On December 8th I'll celebrate my 10th year of baptism!
Awesome!!
Happy birthday sister!
I was saved in January 1996 but I have rededicated many times since, I think you need to do that as life changes....as we walk away and toward our LORD.
I was baptised in April with my husband we did it the same day we had our marriage dedicated. A beautiful day and blessing!
Bless you, you have been an encouragement to me in so many ways, Although we havent meet you are such a vauled part of my life.
God Bless You Dear Sister
Amy
Happy Spiritual Birthday!!! I came to your blog from the comment you left at A Wise Woman Builds Her Home, about your religious differences in your marriage. My husband and are actually the same religions as you two, only in reverse: I am the Catholic one. This was a big source of conflict for us once we got married, but we have managed to resolve it and now I think we are both satisfied. If you would like me to share what has worked for us, in the hopes that some of it might be of help to you, I'd be happy to!! =)
I was baptized in a creek by a dear Christian friend of ours. I didn't want any association at all with a denomination.
Congratulations on your 6 years! Its wonderful!!!
Happy Birthday!
The best kind of brithday to celebrate!!!
May the Lord bless your desire to serve Him with your whole heart. You are a wonderful encouragement!
The Lord's blessings,
S Kris
Post a Comment