How come men and women can drop $35 - $60 at the cash register for alcohol and tobacco, but not have any money to give God on Sunday?
How come men and women will stand for days in the cold, rain, wind, for an iPOD, Blackberry, the Apple Phone, Wii, Playstation 3 and the like, but you ask them to come to church with you and their excuse is "oh, I cant, I am too tired", or "maybe another time"...in other words..'I want to play with my toy all day and doing something for God would interfere with that'. They can rack up the debt in buying this useless machine for $200 - $600, but can't seem to give any of their precious money to someone who may not have any milk or bread for the week.
How come men and women can drop $50 or more a week in eating out or ordering take out, but when it comes to sponsoring a family in need in their town or else where, they all of a sudden "have no money" or so they say.
How come men and women can spend hours reading a book or magazine or blogs on line but never have enough time to read God's Word for a few hours a day?
...And when the time comes when these men and women face a bad situation, they all of a sudden acknowledge God's existance, ("Oh God help me out of this"), but God doesn't hear them, He has left them. They pushed Him out of their lives long ago. God is a gentleman. He isn't going to force Himself on anyone. If you don't want Him in your life, He will leave, quietly.
They blame God for their problems as if it's His fault that they weren't living for Him.
Wise up people! Life is too short for the frills and 'excitements' the world has to offer. It's time to dedicate your life to something that matters, something that will change your life forever. It's called Jesus!
Friday, July 20, 2007
How do you spend your time & money?
Posted by Dawn at 10:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
We must not forget our own flaws when stating 'God doesn't hear' someone because of a continual sin. Not all crying out to God are insincere at those moments; true, they have been foolish not to accept Him at that point. We (the saved) must not forget God is not quick to write someone off. As the thief on the cross had until his last moments (after an entire lifetime of sin) to be forgiven; so does every human being. It is dependent upon us to pray and pray only. Not to spout about what people aren't doing. For many are doing everything right but are still hellbound due to the misunderstanding that works without salvation will get them....well...nowhere good. Let us keep unto our own lives and pray for our own sins to be forgiven. Let us pray fervently without favor for the lost. God knows each man's heart far better than we ever will ;o).
I was talking more about the unsaved who live like heathens without a care for the things of God and then, when things go wrong, they call out to Him just so He can fix their problem (s) and then once it's solved, God isn't needed anymore in their life. That's the type of people I meant. :)
enjoyed checking out your blog, I noticed you are just about the age of my daughters. One is 27 and the other 24. Keep on your journey, God will lead you and no matter where you end up, you will have learned much along the way !
I truly knew you meant those people dear. I was one of them.
Dawn,
I think I mentioned once over at Michelle's blog that I used to work in a supermarket, in an area where really RICH people lived. They'd buy all sorts of expensive food, wine, anything you can imagine, but when we asked them to make a donation for children with cancer - all of a sudden they couldn't afford it! Ugh.
Typical!!
Okay... you made me have to sign up so I could leave a comment! LOL
This was an awesome post! You were straight forward and to the point. I loved it!
Post a Comment