BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sin and Temptation

How many of you have heard of this quote before:

"The devil always takes you farther than you ever intended to go and keeps you longer than you ever intended to stay"?

Oh but isn't it the truth???
Just look at Eve in the Garden of Eden. God told her and Adam that they can eat from any place they want except that one tree. I am sure they weren't lacking for food there. Eve knew it was wrong but that ole' serpent just kept pursuing Eve and making light of what God told them not to do.
I am sure Eve thought, "well, maybe just one piece of fruit off that tree won't be so bad". And look where that got her and Adam. Kicked out of the Garden, their relationship with God would never be the same, and all of a sudden they were full of shame as they realized that they were naked.

What about us my friends? Satan loves to tempt Christians! Most of the time I can tell when Satan is trying to get to me, and I rebuke him and continue on for Christ. But as we grow in the Lord, Satan's tactics grow too. At times they may be harder to see and before we know it we are flat on our face in sin and Satan is laughing at our stupidity that we actually followed him.

Christian, you may go ahead and watch that TV show or movie and think "oh, there were only 3 curse words in it, but they weren't bad curse words" or "oh I know it's not real, but I thought it was alright that that unmarried man and woman slept together in the same bed".
Before you know it, you are desesitized to what's right and wrong according to God's Word.
Sure, in the secular world, it's okay to curse, and sleep around and drink, and all kinds of things, even in TV/Movie land. The world puts their stamp of approval of that. God does not. Most of the TV shows and movies mock God and all He stands for. And us Christians stand by and watch it happen, and do nothing. "It's just a TV show" you say. Well, is it edifying of Christ? Probably not.

...the devil always takes you farther than you ever wanted to go......

"I won't go to church today, I'm too tired". Good golly...our bodies are always tired! Or sick, or hurt, or just plain worn out. But our spirits are not.
After several weeks of not being in church, praying, reading your Bible, being a witness to this dark world, your attitude changes, and it's not for the good either. Satan has you by the leash is dragging you around filling your head with every excuse he can to get you further away from God. You are angry, mean, bitter, and start acting or talking like a man or woman who is not saved. Wake up my friend!!!!!!!!! Don't you see!!!!!!

Satan is the farther of this world and the father of all lies! He will tell you not to dress like a modest Godly woman because "you will look frumpy or old fashioned" or he will put in your mind "what will your friends say". So you continue to look like every other woman out there, and you never know the type of attention you may be drawing to yourself.
I know it's getting warmer outside, but it doesn't mean to wear your bra and underwear outside. Whatever happened to just jeans and a t-shirt? Or a nice summer skirt and shirt?
How many girls are raped or sexually assulted one way or another because of their manner of dress? They wanted attention and they got it.

....the devil always takes you farther than you ever wanted to go.....

As Christians we are to always be on guard. We are to be in fervent prayer one for another and to always praise God, even in the bad times...Praise God!!!!!!!!! He is worthy of all our praises!!!!

I will leave you with something a preacher told us in church one day...

"We are one step away from eternity".
We truely are. We don't know when our last breath will be. We need to be living each day serving God, in prayer, in Bible reading, soulwinning, with our family. We may not have tomorrow, it's not promised to us. Live today for God with no regrets!

Being one step away from eternity...do you know, beyond the shadow of a doubt you are Heaven bound? If so, then lets keep it that way! :) Guard yourself against the Liar!
If you don't know Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, I will be more than happy to share Him with you!

Much love to all you wonderful bloggers!!! Muah! <><

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
I thought I would return the favour and visit your blog! Its great and I love your my space too. I really like your blinkies on Trying to concive!! Where can I find some??
Please visit often as I will be visiting you!
Blessings from Above
Amy

Dawn said...

I think I got those blinkies from Photobucket. :)

Mrs. Anna T said...

What a timely post, thanks for writing it! Yes! The more we try to get away from the Evil One, the harder he tries to lure us and keep us with 'innocent' things like TV shows and such. We must be constantly on guard!