BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Just checkin' in! :-D


 Oh hello lovelies!!!!  :-D  It's so good to see you since my last blog post.  It's been awhile, eh?  I've been wanting to get this post up for a week or so now but I hadn't.  My apologies.

Well let me go ahead and show you some new photo updates and then chat about life afterwards.  :)


There is this AWESOME Catholic book store in Ft. Worth.  It's huge (and I can easily drop several hundred dollars there if I'm not careful).  Besides loads of books and devotional books, Robert and I picked out this beautiful Cross in late April.  It is currently in our upstairs hallway (and has been blessed).  We are still wanting to get a crucifix for the living room but haven't found 'the right one' (you ladies know how it goes when searching for the perfect ______ ).  I have also been considering about wearing a small crucifix necklace.  Why?  Because it will be a beautiful reminder of what He did on the Cross for me and it might keep me from doing or saying something ungodly or something I may regret later and it would be worn close to my heart where He resides.  :)  I may get one for my birthday in July.  Who knows.




Mommy's here!!!! (May 8th-15th)
 
The Beloved & I outside of 'The Macaroni Grill'.
                                        



Mom and I outside of 'The Macaroni Grill'.  She doesn't have one where she lives so she HAD to go there. :)



Beloved, me and Mom had lunch at Panera Bread one afternoon.

Mom and I at 'The Cheesecake Factory'.  She had never been to one of those.  She died and went to Heaven...lol.  Loved the food, loved the cheesecake.  She got a slice of the Red Velvet Cheesecake cake.  Oh my gosh it was so good!  Robert got a Plain slice of cheesecake and my selection is below... Carrot cake Cheesecake.  *Drool*.......  Excuse the wet dress.  I had to run from the rain into the restaurant and mom HAD to get a picture pronto so here I am in my wet dress...lol.





                                                                   Hubby's graduation!!!

  








Mom went with me to our parish (St. Maria Goretti in Arlington).  She loved it.  Said it's very homey and inviting.  :)  The icon Robert is holding I gave him for a graduation gift.  It's Byzantine art (we both love Byzantine art work). 




During one of our outings, mom and I stopped at the Catholic bookstore in Arlington (had to buy Robert's icon pictured above).  It's smaller then the one in Ft. Worth but it has treasures for the eye that's seeking.  :)  Mom bought me, Robert and cousin Jody green scapulars.  If you don't know the story behind it, Google it.  It's not very long.  I can attest I have already had a healing take place in my body since wearing  and praying the prayer. Call it coincidence if you may.  There is something to the healing power of prayer.  Amen and Amen.



Mom gave me this beautiful rosary pictured above.  It was a gift to her years ago by my cousin (her niece) Jody who got it from the Vatican store in Rome when she went to go visit.  Mom had never even taken it out of it's case for fear of breaking it or losing it.  You can't really see the details but the beads are gold roses. And those little silver things have pictures of St. Peter's Basilica and Pope John Paul II.   Mom wanted to be buried with it but instead gave it as a gift to me, especially since returning back to the Church.  Thank you Mom, it's beautiful.  I will treasure it.  As of today I still haven't gotten it blessed, I keep forgetting to take it to Mass when I go.


Mom's visit was great!  Went by too fast of course.  I don't even know all what we did.  He arthritic knee was bothering her a lot so we couldn't do all the things we had planned but we did get to the Modern Art Museum in Ft. Worth.  We had wanted to go to the Dallas aquarium, the Planetarium, Botanical Gardens and more but there wasn't enough time.  Maybe next trip, right?  :)
But we had an overall good time.  When she stepped off the plane on the 8th it was so funny to see her.  All my life she has worn glasses and had curly hair.  Here she was with no glasses and spiky straight hair...lol.  But I got used to it.
We shared a lot of good laughs, went a few times to Eucharistic Adoration together and twice a day I had to go through McDonalds and get her blasted iced coffees for her.  It's her vice for giving up smoking.
She took us out to Fresco's in Burleson for Robert's graduation dinner.  
Oh and she is 66 years old and finally had her first taste of guacamole (she didn't like it) and a warm soft pretzel (can you believe that....lol).  At least she was a good sport and tried the guac.  :)  We didn't get the chance to go to any vegan or raw food restaurants, there just wasn't any time.

We had a blessed time together.

So, Robert has graduated (wooohooo!).  He is now looking for a full time job.  Please keep him in your prayers.  It's crazy.  He sends out resumes to 5 or 6 different places  who are hiring every day and doesn't hear back from anybody.  Did the computer eat the resume and applications or what?   He still has his part time job, which we are very thankful for but we can't live off that, now that he's out of school.  We were very blessed to have his college and living expenses paid by the Army all these years.
So, fingers crossed and prayers said that God would provide a good full time job for him (maybe even with benefits).  Thank you lovelies.  I knew I could count on you.  :)

Well my wifely duties beckon me so I will get this out to you all.

Hugs and blessings from Texas!!!

~ Dawn

3 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hello sis. I loved all the wonderful pictures and that rosary is gorgeous. Jack still has his grandmother's rosary.

Michelle Therese said...

Have you seen the Saint Benedict crucifix? That is my favorite! It's profound but rather simple, especially the plain wooden ones with just the metal St. Benedict madallion and the Corpus.

Love that rosary!!

Have you decided on the prayer book? I am deffinately in love with The Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I have the older version with the DR bible translation, bought from Baronius Press. :-))

Daughter Of St.Francis said...

Lovely. Keep up the good work.