BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Strolling down memory lane




My cousin Jody sent me a bunch of various pictures yesterday. Some of me I have never seen before in my life.


The picture above was taken September 1999. It was the day I left for basic training for the Army. I'm standing with my awesome (he was really a fabulous NCO) recruiter who encouraged me, called me, gave me rides, ran with me, and was never more than a phone call away when I needed him.


I decided to join the Army in March of 1999. My first visit to the recruiting station showed that I weighed 180 lbs (at 17 years old nonetheless..that's not good).


6 months later when this picture was taken I was 45 lbs. lighter at 135 lbs.


I just realized I have a 'farmers tan' in this picture....lol.


Ahhh...memories....

1 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Gotta love that farmer tan! LOL! Huggles.