I had been attending this congregation since September 2008. Haven't always been faithful each week due to circumstances, but I haven't bothered to look for other places of worship since moving to Texas because I didn't feel the need too.
I was content at Grandview. I felt 'home' there.
No, they don't keep Sabbath or the feasts or Torah but that hasn't bothered me too much, although it would be great if they were Sabbath keeping Mennonites. I still continue on with that regardless.
Well I've decided to stop straddling the fence and on June 26th I stood up and requested membership at Grandview. Suprised everyone there, which was fun as they had no idea. =)
Yes, my husband supports this decision 100%. He doesn't mind.
I have begun taking the required 'instruction classes'. It's all pretty basic stuff, but I have been encouraged in many ways.
Next 1st day (17th) I will give my public testimony before the congregation. Am I nervous? Nah...my salvation testimony isn't anything grand and dramatic. It will probably take all of 2 minutes.
Once instruction classes are over (not till months from now), I will be baptized (which is good because I have not been baptized since I've been saved) and welcomed into the fold so to speak.
Speaking of salvation...either late July or August, will make 10 years since I've given my life over to Him. 10 years ago I knelt at the altar and confessed my wretchedness and need of a Saviour. So greatful for that. So greatful my heart was open and recepetive to His calling.
I have such a peace about this decision and I look forward too serving YHWH with my local assembly and reaching the lost with them.
~ Dawn

5 comments:
I will be along with you in prayer.
i am so happy that you have found a path you feel Yah leading you down!!!
let;s not lose touch!!
Jesus has led you to waters to drink deeply. May God bless your decision infinitely.
so happy for you.
Congrats on finding a church that you like! It's really a challenge I think.
Post a Comment