Why is it when somebody is open and honest about something they lose friends, or people whom they thought were their friends?
2 blog posts down I opened up what has been on my heart for a long time, believe it or not. I was being real, honest, raw about my feelings. I didn't realize there is some taboo rule in Christianity that doubting, wondering, etc about YHWH and His ways are a crime.
I get it, so in order for you to care about me or even give me a bit of your time, I have to look like you, think like you, read the KJV Bible, cover my head, keep Shabbat and feasts, and have a devoted prayer life or else, *poof* out of your life I go.
What a bunch of hypocrites!
Reminds me of the holiness pentecostal church I got saved in. I had a whole bunch of sisters who were my friends. We laughed, soul winned together, went to church confrences together, enjoyed prayer meetings, and runs through the drive thru's on our way to pick up people for church.
I left that said church a few years later and only 1 maybe 2 people still talk to me today out of 7 or so sisters. I e-mailed them, sent them a letter a time or two and nothing. Thanks ladies. Hypocrites!
For what it's worth, I haven't left YHWH, I haven't forsaken Him, I still believe in Him.
Stop trying to be so holy and pious and acting like you have never doubted yourself. You know you have. That doesn't mean you stopped believing in Him, right? Of course not.
Maybe you should stop being so concerned what the outside of a man or woman looks like and focus on who they truly are, where there heart is.
Just because someone may be colored with tattoos and piercings doesn't make them any less of a Believer than you or I. Stop judging based on appearances. Come out from that legalism you've wrapped yourself in.
I can care less if someone has short hair, long hair, wears pants or a skirt to the ground, has been married once or 3 times, has 7 children or none at all, covers their head or doesn't cover their head, keeps Shabbat or goes to church on Sunday, etc.
None of this matters to me for it's all externals. What matters to me is the real You on the inside.
Too bad you can't do that too.
Shalom!
16 comments:
Oh I get it all the time because I am divorced and remarried. For what it is worth, we all at times have doubts and cry out to God in the way you did. Not that everyone will admit it! I love you sister and that means forever! Huggles.
I saw your last post as a cry to Yahweh, not a reason to tear you down. I've had my days as well. Just remember to breathe!
Crying, pleading, wondering, begging, banging my head against the wall to YHWH is more like it...lol. =) It's an every day occurance. =)
Yep, sure am breathing...taking time to meditate and reflect and it's amazing the calmness that surrounds us when that happens. =)
lots of people have kicked me off their friends and written nasty messages and stuff like that. I would never do that to you...as long as you don't tell me to not comment on your blog or get lost I am here for you if you ever need to talk or anything like that.
Hugs
Kris,
My blog is open to anyone and anything (as long as it's clean). :)
I am pretty sure you've lost a lot of friends, friends we both had in common.
Don't feel bad, they stopped speaking to me too.
Some friends, huh? They can't accept you for you, know what I mean?
I used to be like that as a Believer, but I am learning to stop being that way and just LOVE everybody regardless of their race, religion, etc.
This world needs more LOVING people, not a bunch of self rightous hypocrites with their noses stuck in the air (that goes for Christian and non Christian alike).
Shalom!
I am so sorry that people were so judgmental. It's truly appalling the things that are said in the name of religion and God. I just wanted to stop by and say how encouraging I find your little blog. You truly seem like a wonderful person. Don't let the haters get you down!
Michelle (ozark crafter)~
You know what bothers me...that there are churches out there who won't let you be a part of their congregation if you've divorced and remarried. The Anabaptists for one.
I think that's wrong. We all have a past as unbelievers, some more colorful than others, but when we become new creatures in Christ, we repent of that past and get up from our knees with a renewed heart.
We can't change our past. But we can grow from it, learn from it, repent of it, and move right on along for YHWH.
I <3 U 2!!! =)
Thank you Ashley for your comment. Welcome to mt little corner of the web. =) I don't always post updates though, but every now and then the urge arises and I must type away. =)
I see your wedding anniversary is June 19th. Me and Robert's is June 18th. =) We will be celebrating 10 years this year.
Have a super and blessed weekend!
Amen Dawn,
Loved this post. People judging others is what keeps other people from being a christian and the man made rules man has made. Thank you for the post. Exactly how I feel:)
Jennifer
Bless you for your comment Jennifer. =)
It's not about the man made rules of Christianity, what about the rules we impose on ourselves and we consider them Biblical?
Some people won't listen to anything other than Acapella hymns because anything with musical instruments is sin.
Some will only wear a specific type of headcovering because it's "Christian" whereas others don't hold that same feel (I had a man tell me once that the white hanging veil was the Christian veil and all the others were for fashion purposes...ugh!).
You see what I am getting at?
Break free from the bondage we keep ourselves in and serve Him freely, lovingly, wholly.
{{hugs}} Dawn,
I did read your other post--but did not comment simply because I had no answers for you. I am simply a reader of your blog, so I'm pretty sure that even this post was not directed towards someone like me, but I did want you to know that your posts are being read and I'm doing the one thing I can do for you--pray.
I can tell you that I've had my own share of frustration over understanding why YHVH will allow certain things to happen in a believer's life.
I mentioned before that my dh and I experienced secondary infertility to a degree. When we finally did conceive the first time, I lost our little girl at 20 weeks gestation. There's a lot more to the story of our daughter's birth, but let me just tell you that the grief I experienced was overwhelming and for a time I was really angry at YHVH for allowing that to happen. Like you, I couldn't understand (and really I still don't)but finally I reached a place where I realized that 1) without Him, life was without real meaning, and 2)why did I think that I was above having bad things happen to me just because I was a believer. Those things were the catalyst that led me back to Him.
I don't presume to know all about you or your life--I don't know all your struggles, fears, or questions. But I can continue to pray for you.
Shalom friend.
Michelle
I would never think of myself as being above bad things happening to me, or anyone for that matter.
Matthew 5:45 tells us...
'That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.'
None of us are exempt from bad things happening to us.
In the 'Where & Why' post, I said to a commenter that infertility is like an extended relative in this house.
It's our life and we have gotten so used to it always being here.
But it's time for it to leave now. =)
I am so sorry you lost your little girl. :( (((Michelle)))
I've never suffered a miscarriage, ectopic, or anything like that so I can't offer you any words of comfort, but I am truly sorry for your loss.
Hi Dawm
I would like to apologize, if I said anything that hurt you or anybody in my comment on the other post.I did not mean for it to sound bad in any way, Thank you for sharing your feelings, Believe me I do understand about asking God why, I have been there and still there sometimes ,and I have to do my best not to let it lead me away, so some of the things I said was some of the things (feelings) I went through myself, not to say, everyone feels like that when things don't go their way.
But I know God was there, went cancer almost took me , and I know he will be there for my husband and myself and my daughter, what ever happen's to my husband, the doctor said he has a type of cancer that they can do nothing for. So yes I know about asking why, Why does my daughter have to watch both of her parent go through this, but I have to remember that God is there to help us through it all. and that is when I remember there is coming a better day,When we lefted a church, the sister's there
din't want anything to do with me, to find out I was only their sister, if I was going to their church, And yes I do have to say, I don't know anyone that is in a need for food or gas,and that has that many children, and if I did I would do everything I could to help them,
and please if you know any way I could help someone please let me know, That is what we all should be doing if we can, I know everyone can't, and I can't help alot, but I would do what I can, I'm sorry to say the ones I know do spend there money on other things and want others to give.
I have to remember all that God has done,and keep praying.
And please keep sharing, this is
one way, we can all pray for one another.
Terry
Terry, you have nothing to apologize for sweetie. You have said nothing wrong.
I appreciate your comment. It encouraged me to keep on keeping on! =)
Bless you!
I so understand.
I just wan't to thank you for your openers and frank sharing on your blog.
I appreciate it so much- and get alot out of your writings
Hang in there
Jennifer
Post a Comment