
Good Morning! Indeed it is a great morning because Yahweh has seen fit to give me one more day to live for Him. If you are reading this, it's a great morning for you too for the same reason. Praise YHWH for just being ALIVE! Spiritually and physically! \0/
*
Last week I drove out to Cleburne, TX because there is this awesome health food store run by the 7th day Adventists. Their stuff is fairly cheaper too then Whole Foods or Central Market.
*
I purchased the above sandals to just help out my feetsies. :) Has anyone ever used them? According the that chart on the box, it pretty much massages more than just your tired, aching feet. :)
I've been wearing them around the house and to me, they feel great. Hubby said the little massagers hurt his feet...well of course they do especially if you've never worn them. :) Even the directions on the box said to start wearing them 15 minutes per day till your feet get used to them.
*
Also purchased some books (this store sells awesome books for really cheap) , a pair of Bamboo charcoal socks (haven't worn them yet, but it increases blood circulation, among other things) and some supplements for a friend.
To learn more about these socks, go here: http://www.incredisocks.com
*
A sister in Christ asked me what a typical food day is for me since I've started this new way of living.
Day to day varies, depending on hubby's work / school schedule but here is a general idea of what I eat:
*
Breakfast: Either cereal (Cascadian Farms, Kashi, Cheerios, Fiber One) or oatmeal with some type of fruit (normally a banana or cantaloupe)
*
Lunch: Turkey, swiss cheese and garlic sandwich on whole grain bread, a handful of Veggie Chips (they are like potato chips but healthier and really good) and either broccoli or carrots w/ some Ranch dressing.
*
Snack: Raw nuts / sunflower kernals, or unsweetened applesauce with sunflower kernals mixed in.
*
Dinner: Boiled chicken with steamed veggies. Or ground turkey tacos on whole wheat tortillas, something like that.
*
Now, sometimes Robert and I just aren't home for lunch or dinner with his schedule and me running errands all day then having to pick him up and take him to work or school, so we grab something on the go.
For that, we usually we get a chargrilled chicken salad from Chick-Fil-A, or a Veggie Delight sub from Subway, or a vegetarian sub from Which Wich, or a burrito bowl chicken salad from Chipolte's. Or sometimes we will go to the Cafe in Central Market in Dallas and eat there (we only do that though when we have to shop there. I usually get their black bean salad or Vegan Israeli couscous. Mmmmmm...... They didn't have those last time we went so I got their Greek Chicken Salad instead. :)
*
So, that's pretty much how I eat. Once I drop more weight I will incorporate a few more things in.
*
Every Thursday morning is weigh in day for me and the hubby. As of last Thursday (April 29th), I had lost a total of 21 lbs. since March 15th.
Hubby started 2 weeks later than me and has lost 11 lbs. since he started.
I look forward to weighing in this Thursday...I can feel I've lost more. :)
*
May 15th will be 2 months soda / junk food / fried food free. I will post my weight loss since then, inches lost, and a new picture on here. Kind of like what I did April 15th. :)
*
We have free gym membership on military installations with hubby still in the Reserves so we go to the gym nearest our home 3 or 4 times per week. Other times, when we can't make it, I just walk a few laps around the school yard a few blocks away.
*
A sister in Christ asked me what I wear to the gym.
Well my friends, modesty doesn't stop at the gym. At least not for me.
I wear an ankle length cotton skirt with leggings underneath and a matching t-shirt (i.e. gray skirt / gray top, black skirt / black top) with a matching bandana so I don't ruin my veils.
There seems to be this stereotype that you can't work out in a skirt, but I beg to differ. I've been doing it for almost 9 years now and have never had a problem. I can run on the treadmill, do the Eliptical machine, do the exercise bike, lift weights, with no problem at all.
It helps to have the right skirt though for more mobility.
*
And with that, I will say Tschuss (goodbye) my friends! :)

4 comments:
great job keep up the good work.
let me know if the socks really work, i could use some extra blood flow. lol
I always felt too nervous trying to workout in a skirt it would get caught in one of the machines. I lost my little headset that way I used to listen to music with. It fell of and got caught in the machine and crushed! If it works for you then great though!
I also didn't want to be stared at as the only one in a skirt at the gym. I felt like ppl were staring at me already for being the least fit!
Please tell me how you quit soda? Thanks. By the way you look great.
Post a Comment