BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 21, 2009

A small testimony


It has been a little over 1 year, probably year and a half, since I got this stirring in my heart and soul to learn more about certain subjects.
It was an exciting stirring and I couldn't wait to begin, but I didn't know how or where to start and felt overwhelmed at the prospect as I thought I would have to learn everything at once. :)
So I tried to push this stirring down a bit until I could figure out how I wanted to go about it, but that didn't last very long.
It wasn't a few weeks later where I said 'YHWH, cleanse my heart, mind, and soul from being "churched", I am ready to learn what Your Word says. Teach me, I am an open vessel'.
And teaching me is what He has done this past year. Things are much more clearer to me, the Bible is more understandable than it has ever been, and I am just in the beginning of this learning process.
I love it though. I am loving every minute!
Every day as I pour into the Scripture I learn something new. I see how the Old Testament and New Testament harmonize together as one. They never contradict each other.
As I sit here, the end of 2009, I must wonder what He is going to teach me in 2010. I am ready though. My mind is like a sponge absorbing it all in (and writing it all down in my Bible binder in case my sponge (a.k.a. brain) stops working for some reason. :)
I have re read my blog posts since I have began this blog and am so thankful at how much I have grown in YHWH. He has opened my eyes to many things that I didn't know about 2-2.5 years ago when I began writing here...HalleluYAH for that! \o/
I am so thankful I have not remained stagnant in my relationship with Him.
I will end with this verse of Scripture....
" Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law, yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart" -- Psalm 119:34
I love you Yahweh.

3 comments:

5blessings said...

I just have to say way to go, and I LOVE YOU SISTER.

Not the Waltons said...

It is a blessing to look at today and say, "I do not know enough", and yet compared to yesterday realize that we know so much more. Have a blessed 2010, I look forward to your posts!

Victoria said...

I agree with you Dawn, the learning process is exciting. About five years ago I read my first religious book since leaving school - not counting the Missal I use at Mass - and I have been learning and deepening my Faith ever since. My Church is 2000 years old; I will never taste all of its riches but I have learned so much more than I once knew. I love reading about God and listening for God to speak to me in the scriptures. I quite agree with you that there is no contradiction between the Old Testament and the New. St Augustine said that the promises of the Old Testament were fulfilled in the New.