On Monday's Bible readings (Matthew, I John, Mark and Numbers), I really enjoyed Matthew's readings. I would like to share what treasures I gleaned from it.
Now there are 46 verses of Scripture in Matthew 25, but the reading for that day only did 1-13...and here they are..
1.
Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2.
And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3.
They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: well, that wasn't a very good idea now was it?
4.
But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5.
While the bridegroom tarried , they all slumbered and slept .
6.
And at midnight there was a cry made , Behold , the bridegroom cometh ; go ye out to meet him. O Praise the LORD!!!
7.
Then all those virgins arose , and trimmed their lamps.
8.
And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out . They did not prepare themselves ahead of time to meet the Bridegroom when they know they should have.
9.
But the wise answered , saying , Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell , and buy for yourselves. Part of me wants to say ,'now ladies, sharing is caring, and you share what you have with them'...LOL. But, those 5 virgins knew they were to prepare ahead of time and did not, so they really are the ones at fault.
10.
And while they went to buy , the bridegroom came ; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut . Do you know what this reminds me of? When GOD shut the door to the Ark. Noah warned the people that a great flood was going to come and tried to get them to go with him into the Ark but they didn't listen...they didn't prepare and when GOD had had enough, He shut the door of the Ark and the rain began to fall.
I don't know, I just thought of that when I read this in verse 10. :-)
11.
Afterward came also the other virgins, saying , Lord, Lord, open to us.
12.
But he answered and said , Verily I say unto you, I know you not. Wow!!! And it's because they didn't prepare their hearts for Him. We must daily search out hearts, get out the sin, and have our hearts and minds purified and ready to meet YAH. Nothing is more important.
13.
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh
Oh sisters...we must be vigilant in our walk with YAH. We can't let it get lukewarm. In Revelation YAH says He will spew lukewarm believers out of His mouth.
We must be instant in prayer, instant in Bible reading, instant in soul winning, instant in helping the poor and needy, instant in communion with Him.
We don't know when He will come back. It could be the next hour, the next day, or maybe next week. Are you ready? If not...He has given you the time right now to prepare, don't let it slip away from something stupid like the television or the computer...make your preparations now sweet sisters.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
The learning never stops :-D
If any of you would like to know what I read for today's readings and would like to read them for yourself, they are:
* Mark 12: 28-44
* Mark 6: 1-32
*Numbers 14
*Numbers 15
I was going to blog about Numbers 15, but it is rather lengthy in Scripture and I don't like extra long blog posts...don't like reading them, don't like posting them, so I thought I would just have you read them for yourself instead.
You can read from the Complete Jewish Bible for free online by going here:
Just look for it under the Bible version button.
Also, you can read the Tanakh for free online by going here:
You are only promised this day today. Use it wisely. Use it for Yahweh.
Blessings,
Dawn
Posted by Dawn at 11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Another wonderful post :)
Testing... testing...
Blogger hates me, Dawn! I can post blogs but I can't comment most of the time on some blogs!!!!! I wonder if you'll see this one? I was able to comment on my blog yesterday so maybe it'll work again?
Post a Comment