Really reading it, really studying it, verse by verse, not just wooshing through some verses just so I can get on with my day and claim I did my Bible readings for that particular date.
I would like to share a few gems I picked up in yesterday and today's readings.
Did you know Adonai made ostriches with a lack of understanding?
Turn to IYOV (Job) 39 verse 13-17
vs. 13: An ostrich's wings beat wildly, although it's pinions lack plumage.
vs. 14: It leaves it's eggs on the ground and let's them be warmed by the sand.
vs. 15: forgetting that a foot may crush them or a wild animal trample on them.
vs. 16: It treats it's chicks heartlessly, as if they were not it's own, even if her labor is in vain, it really doesn't care,
vs. 17: because GOD has deprived it of wisdom and given it no share in understanding.
In Mark 2: 23-27 we see that the P'rushim (Pharisees) were all over Yeshua because Him and His talmidim (disciples) were picking heads of grain on Shabbat as that was a 'no no' to do any work on the blessed day.
Yeshua was a Shabbat rebel as you can also see in Mark Chapter 3 as He healed the man with the crippled hand and the P'rushim began plotting how to do away with Yeshua.
Shabbat (Saturday) was made for mankind (you, me, the children, the menfolk, the womenfolk, everyone) says verse 27.
In verse 28 it says the Son of Man (Yeshua) is LORD even of the Shabbat.
Yahweh created Shabbat in the beginning (Genesis 2) and here we see His Son keeping it. What a blessing to honor the Father that way.
I was reading the end of Vayikra (Leviticus) yesterday and a few verses in Chapter 26 just screamed 'pay attention to me!!!' even if it was meant for the Israrelites. We can still learn and heed some things being taught to them.
vs. 1: "You are not to make yourselves any idols (an idol is anything that we put before GOD. I am sure we all have them...the computer, the TV, video games, shopping, cell phones, and the list goes on. Those things are not bad in itself. It's when we put them before GOD, before our Bible readings, before prayer time, before soulwinning, is when we make them an idol), erect a carved statue or a standing stone anywhere in your land in order to bow down to it (maybe we aren't bowing down to those things mentioned above but our reactions to them sure let us know how important they are. Do you get mad because your favorite pair of shoes is no longer on sale and you huff and puff about it for hours? When the Internet is down do you get mad because you are missing out on the latest details on some blog or website? Do you get mad when for some reason your text message doesn't go through on the cell phone or when you can't get service?
Do you whine because your favorite TV show is being interupted by the President's speech? You get my picture. Our attitudes towards these things, yes, they are just things, really shows where a man or woman's heart is, to a point I mean) .
I am Adonai your GOD." (indeed He is...HallelYAH)
vs. 2: "Keep my Shabbats (are we keeping the Sabbath each week or have we become too busy in our lives?), and revere my sanctuary; ( His sanctuary is a holy place. It's not an entertainment spectacle like most churches make it today. We are to revere it, to make sure we know we are in a holy place, not a concert, not a coffeeshop, but on holy ground before His mighty name).
I am Adonai." (Amen)
Now, I enjoy the book of B'Resheet (Genesis). The beginning, how it all began.
One of my readings today was to read B'Resheet (Genesis) Chapter 3. I have read it many times before of course, but you know, each time, it gets better and better. :-)
If you know your Bible you will know this chapter is when Havah (Eve) and Adam ate the forbidden fruit, realized they were naked and ultimately kicked out of the Garden of Eden for disobeying YAH.
vs. 16: "To the woman he said, 'I will greatly increase your pain in childbirth. You will bring forth children in pain (I know all you mamas are shaking your heads in agreement at this one) . Your desire will be toward your husband (not boyfriend, not life partner, not 'common law' husband, not lesbian lover), but he will rule over you". (biblical submission seems to begin here it seems doesn't it?)
Verse 17 YAH tells Adam how he will have to work hard by the sweat of his brow as long as he lives, and isn't that so true. We wives have some hard working husbands. Be sure to thank them today and every day for all their hard work and let them know how much they are appreciated for that.
I love verse 12 " The man replied, 'The woman you have gave to be with me-she gave me fruit from the tree and I have ate". Trying to blame Havah (Eve) for it all huh Adam...lol. :-) But at least he was honest and told YAH he did partake of it, even if he did blame the wife. :-)
Wow!!! Thank you for allowing me to share these lightbulb moments with you. I can't wait to read more after lunch (Hubby brought home some Atlanta Bread Co. as a treat today).
Blessings,
Dawn

3 comments:
I loved reading the stuff that Adonai is showing you.
HalleluYah He is Great and Wonderful.
Shalom
Kristen
Hi Dawn, How are you all doing? I enjoyed reading your posts tonight. I'm inspired by your enthusiasm to read the Bible. Sometimes it takes such effort to get something from a passage I have read/heard all my life. So thanks for the encouragement. It's a blessing to read it for what it actually says. Instead of what we think it should say, or have been taught it should say, and see the real words and the true meaning that God is wanting to show us. Our pastor preached a sermon about "What if Jesus meant what He said?" So just trying to take things for their actual meaning and what it actually says! I've been learning a lot, praise the Lord!
God bless you sister,
I know I don't get over here often but when I do I really enjoy your posts.. you are an encouragement to me and I love your passion for the Adonai! Blessings to you and yours on this restful Sabbath.
Debylin
Post a Comment