Tonight I was able to go to prayer service / Bible study out at the Mennonite church. It was actually my first real one as all the other times I went on Wednesday night's were either a hymn sing or there was a guest speaker, so I was excited to finally be able to make a regular Wednesday night there. :-P
Our Bible study was on pacifism vs. non resistance which I might post later on in the week (at least the main points of it). And the prayer time was just wonderful. The men and boys went into another room and us ladies stayed in the sanctuary and we gathered in small groups and lifted up prayer requests that were taken down and we went around the circle praying over them. I looked around me at one point and was just in awe at the sincerity and devotion these ladies and teenage girls have while they pray. You could tell by their demeanor, their facial expressions that they meant business...they weren't just going through the motions.
At the holiness church I got saved in and attended for a few years, I seen the same intensity and sincerity in the men and women there as well, so to see this again just gave me a renewed sense of...umm...I don't know...well, you Christians know what I am talking about. :-)
Anywho, what I wanted to share was before the prayer meet and Bible study, we had a devotion. And it was a blessing so I would like to share the verses and reiterate a bit of what I got from it.
Turn with me in your Bibles to Ezekiel 14: 1-11.
vs 3 - ...Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?
*** What are the idols we have set up in our hearts dear ones? Anything that takes precedence before Yahweh is an idol. When we give more time and effort to the computer, the TV, to knitting / sewing, to _____ (insert your answer here), we have put it before Him.
Admit it...how many of you wake up in the mornings and check your e-mail / blogs / ect. and then do your devotions / prayer time if at all? I have and do it more frequently than I care to admit (I am working on that though).
How many hours per day do you give to the non essentials in life like movie watching, video games, shopping, crafting, ect, but only seem to have time to "squeeze" God in there sometime. It should be the other way around dear friends. Nothing...NOTHING is more important than your very soul. Our days are so limited in time, we must be busy for Yahweh first before anything else.
vs 4 & 5 ... Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the Lord will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols.
That I may take the house of Israel in their own heart, because they are estranged from me through their idols.
*** Do you see what happens when we put everything else before Yahweh? We become estranged from Him. And it's the truth. We tell ourselves 'tonight, I will have my alone time with God'. And it never comes to pass. Before we know it, it's been 1 week or longer since we really dived into the Word and really sought His face. We cannot allow ourselves to do that dear sisters because when we do, satan runs with it...and you know it. We begin to have attitude, we are more irritable, we may end up cursing, yelling at our children and hubby, ect.
Seek Him Sisters daily! And more than just 2 or 3 minutes. It may mean you have to wake up 10-20 minutes earlier in the mornings or stay up just a bit later at night, but seek Him with everything you've got! Don't you hunger for Him? Don't you crave to know more of Yahweh and Yeshua?
vs 6... Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.
*** I think this verse speaks for itself, don't you? Repent! Turn from your idols. Thankfully He is only a prayer away and we don't have to sacrifice animals to obtain forgiveness anymore. Ask Him for forgiveness, and from that moment on, pray that He would help you be more devoted to His Word, more devoted to prayer, to soulwinning because in all reality, that's all that's going to matter when we are standing before Him...what we did for Him.
We can do this together Sisters!!!
vs 8.... And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
*** He will turn His face against us if we do not repent of the idols in our life and really begin living for Him. I don't know about you, but I do not want Yahweh to turn His face from me. I need him every second of every day!
He says He will cut us off. We can't have that Sisters, you know it, I know it. He has to be our everything from the moment we arise till the moment our heads hit the pillow at night.
vs 9-11 pretty much talk about our sins penalty and estrangement from God. You can read those for yourself and ponder on them.
I just thought I would share what Yahweh put on my heart at Bible study this evening. I hope you got something out of this as well, I really do.
I wish you all, my fellow readers, a most safe, blessed, holy, and prosperous New Year! Let's begin January 1st on our knees in prayer and thanksgiving or in the Holy Word of God!
Blessings,
Dawn
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
+*~ Oh I just had to share~*+
Posted by Dawn at 11:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are so right, Dawn. One of my goals for 2009 is to be faithful in my quiet time with God. I have noticed that my days are much more joyful when I start my morning with our Father.
I began about a month ago to read 5 chapters of the Word a day and in that short time, I've been thru Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges and Ruth... I've been shocked by how 30 minutes a day can add up so quickly.
I'm with you...I don't want to be cut off from Him either. Nice post.
Great Post Dawn!
I am definitely curious about pacifism and nonresistance. From Scripture, I see no problem with taking up arms and defending ourselves and I'm very curious as to why Mennonites and the Amish believe the opposite.
This post really spoke to me. I have been doing these things, just as you said... checking blogs and emails etc and not putting God first, in my day. And I just know He is not pleased with it all.
Just this morning at Church, they spoke on the idols in our lives, and dealing with it, pronto!
Thank you :0)
Amanda
(Australia)
www.pearlsoftruth.wordpress.com
Post a Comment