BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Yooohoo...guess whooooo? :-)

The following several pictures are of this AWESOME Christmas store in Arlington called Decorator's Warehouse...or something...lol. It is a true Winter Wonderland and I can't wait to go back in and just take in everything better. Even Robert liked the store which is rare...lol. He wants to go back too. I didn't take these pictures, I got them from their website. :-)
Also this store is not as expensive as it looks. Their Christmas trees are a little pricey but everything else is rather normally priced believe it or not.





















Ordered these labels for our Christmas cards.

Ordered these for our Thanksgiving cards.




Another neat Christmas book to add to my collection.



We bought a new Christmas tree! It is from the store called Garden Ridge (love that place!) It was on sale for $99! I've never had a 7.5 ft. one before and certainly not a pre-lit tree so I am super excited to eventually put it up this year! We had looked at Wal-Mart but oh my, their trees look really bad, either that or someone doesn't know how to make trees look pretty...lol. They just looked too scraggly for the price they wanted. And speaking of Christmas trees, what's with the neon pink, neon green, neon blue, orange, purple, and black trees? Ugh... They didn't have those out Christmas 2004 (our last Christmas in the US before heading to Germany) and well, ugh...those aren't Christmas trees! LOL. Anyway....lol....




Yes I am a huge sucker for Christmas movies! These are 2 new ones that are now in my collection. Has anyone else begun watching Christmas movies yet? I know my mom has! :-)





Wal-Mart has these awesome ultra fleece sleep pants in the mens section for $9! I grabbed the blue pair for Robert and the red pair for me. Oh they are so cozy!!! I have noticed in all the Wal-Marts I have been too lately, all the winter sleepwear for women is really thin and short and all the sleepwear for men is soft and plush and long...what gives Wally World????? Us women get cold too ya know! :-)





A new edition to my snowglobe collection. 50% off at Hobby Lobby.




50% off at Hobby Lobby




50% off at Hobby Lobby



Robert liked this itty bitty snowglobe so we got it. 50% off too!




Stickers for our Christmas cards. 30% off at Hobby Lobby.



Holiday Yankee Candles.




LifeWay Christian Store has Christmas cards, buy 1 get one free, so I picked ours up today. I don't want to show them on here as well, they are a surprise. :-)




I figured it was time to make my return back here even though I feel like I should take an extra week away from Blogger, but..ah..whatever...here I am anyway. :-)


I have tried thinking of the main highlights from the past 10 days I haven't blogged so, well, grab yourself a a cup of coffee, a glass of Pepsi, a steaming cup of hot cocoa, or a Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbucks and listen to me yap! :-)~


Last Sunday at church I got to meet a fellow Blogger and Yahoo group friend, Kelly! She is such a dear and it was a blessing for us to finally meet! You may go take a look at her blog and say hello by clicking on the following link... http://theaccidentalanabaptist.blogspot.com/
I love meeting blogging buddies, it's so much fun! :-)


One of the grocery stores in our town (Carnival) has gone out of business. We went there, yesterday I believe as everything was 50% off! There wasn't any meats / produce / milk / juice/ or frozen stuff left but there was quite a lot of everything else left so we took advantage of it. Would have spent $89 if there was no discount, but our bill ended up being $43! Praise the Lord!
That made us happy but also sad knowing that many people will be out of a job now. :-( The store Linens -n- Things in Arlington is going out of business as well and I think about all these people out of work.
Times are tough all over.... we need to remember to pray for God's provision for our nation.


Finally after much waiting and procrastination, we bought a screen for one of our sliding glass doors. Rob has too fix it as we just rather through it on there today as we were in a hurry, but we got it! Woohooo!
We wanted to get another screen for our sliding glass door in the dining room, but Home Depot didn't have 48 in. screens. The screen in the living room is 36 in.
I suppose we can try and order a 48 in. screen and we probably will in time. It's not really that big of a deal since it's been in the 40's - 70's here and so we haven't been exactly melting away in our house. In fact, since this house has no insulation or has very poor insulation, it's stays really cool inside anyway. :-)
Time to pull out the flannel / fleece blankets, flannel pajamas, flannel sheets and cozy on up next the hubby for warmth. :-)

Robert has finally received his separation pay from the Army. The finance folks in Germany were really really helpful and got on this case really quick. I guess it helped DH was in constant contact with a Captain and not a Private. :-) Uncle Sam took out $7,000+ for taxes. Does anyone know if we will get that back come income tax time?
Nobody has still bothered to hire the hubby for employment but we have noticed lots of help wanted signs for the holidays so tomorrow I will be online filling out applications for him as he hates doing it. I hate doing it too, but he will be somewhere most of the day tomorrow so I told him I will fill out as many as I can.
And for the last piece of worthwhile news...my good friend Michelle in Scotland....her blog can be found here.. http://coffeecatholic.blogspot.com/ ...
is in the beginning stages of labor with her wee first baby. Please lift her up to the Lord during this time. Thank you!
Alright now that I have yapped and shared pictures, I am going to go and read the 500 blogs I haven't been too in 10 days...oh my..I will be up all night long! Oh well! :-)
The Lord bless and keep thee!
October blessings in Christ,
Dawn

19 comments:

Peyton's Mom said...

Love, hugs, & prayers, dear sister!! Nice to see you back....I hope & pray that your break (although abbreviated!) was refreshing to your mind & spirit!

I *LOVE* the Christmas pictures!!

Luckily for you, you're not my kiddo! *NO* Christmas movies until after Thanksgiving dinner is cleaned up! Then we all sit, snuggled up together, watching "A Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott....then the Christmas movie fun begins!! The girls all love "White Christmas" and will be singing "Sisters" until mid-March! :)

Praising GOD for the sep pay....Hubby travels to D-city on Tuesday! :) Praying for the job situation for your dear hubby....

Wish we could've gotten here sooner -- I would've LOVED meeting you in real life!

Take care, sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

We have a box set of cartoon classics we watch every Christmas. It has become a family Christmas tradition.

Just a heads up. My mom has that very same tree. She had to go out and buy a Christmas tree box. They are plastic and snap shut. Keeps it save and makes for easier storage. She figured out the box after she had to replace the first tree. The box it comes in is not sturdy and messed up the lights on her first one. Just an idea.

Good to see you back.
Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

P.S. About the tax on the check, You may see some of it but. But, I doubt you will see it all.

Patty said...

Hi Dawn,
I read where you met Kelly. Was that at Grandview ? Let me know if you two will be there again sometime.

Dawn said...

Thanks for the tip Rebecca! I will probably get a plastic tree box anyway as like you said they are more sturdier and will last longer. The current tree we have, we have had it for 7 years and it's been in the same box since then..moved with us from Kansas to Oklahoma, from Oklahoma to Germany and from Germany to Texas. Still a pretty strong box...coming from the Dollar General store. :)

Patty,
Yep we met at Grandview last weekend. I don't know if she plans on being there tomorrow or not. I messaged her on one of the Yahoo groups we are on but it seems she hasn't been online in a few days.
I will be at Grandview tomorrow though.
Thanks for sending the picture!

God Bless!

Christmas 365 said...

Dawn, I love love love all the Christmas items you got, I am and always will be a Christmas freak....We got a new tree this year as well we orderd from Chrisco (Now called Santas Choice) So I cant wate to recive it sad thing though is the tree wount be here till sometime the frist week of Dec...Boooooooooooooo....he he but I guess I will have to wate till then, I hope you will post pictures when you get your tree up, I cant wate too see some!! I have your Christmas card allready too send out, Probly do that in a few week's.

Love ya sis!!

~Ruth

Patty said...

Hi Dawn, I forgot to say thanks for sharing about that store in Arlington, I plan on going some time soon. I love christmas and all the trimmings. That was something we all missed so much when we were attending Grandview !
No tree, no decorations and no presents.
We are hiking tomorrow. It will be nice to be hitting the trail again.

Anonymous said...

glad you are back :)
we had a grocery store go out of business near us too so we managed to get some bagels , lunchmeat and has browns all for 50 cents each. oh and canned ravioli too- the kids like it for lunch ( notice i said the kids- mom will eat toast that day lol )
the christmas store is beautiful!!!

Kim said...

What lovely pictures. You found some fun things in your shopping adventure. I bought some fun fleece sleep pants for my boys, I cannot wait to give them to them, they are all matching with monkeys.

Blessings,
Kim

Anonymous said...

welcome back!!! I have Yankee Candle envy.... :)LOL

Love the christmas pictures, I can't wait for christmas this year...Bethany's first!!!

Christy said...

I sure enjoy reading what you write :-) Always keeps my attention.

There was so much that you wrote that I forgot what a wanted to say! oh well. Praying for our nation too. Praying for those out of jobs (we dealt with this over the summer) Praying for new babies!

Blessings,
Christy

Christy said...

OH yes, and I love that pic at the top of your blog! It's beautiful! WOW

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that you are back, Dawn! I love all the goodies that you picked up on sale, especially the Yankee candles! I love Yankee Candles! Praise the Lord that the Army finally came through with the money! I hope you have a blessed week!

MamaOlive said...

The first thing I thought when I saw the Christmas store pictures was "I can't take my children in there!" I'm glad you liked it. :-)

You "should" get some of that tax back. It's hard to tell, though, because we always file with all the dependents, so our situations are different.

We had a grocery store close nearby before we left Texas, and it was lots of fun. I'd have bought a lot more if we weren't getting ready to move.

Michelle said...

OOH! I'll be praying for coffeecatholic!

Those odd-colored Christmas trees have been around for years here - they annoy me...
I'm going to see if I can convince hubby to let us have a real tree this year. I love having a real one! Since we live right smack dab in the middle of national forest, we can get a tree permit for $10 and go cut our own.

Laura Ashley said...

Dawn,

sorry to post this here but i couldn't figure out how to email you. i found this story on the amish and thought you would like it:

http://features.csmonitor.com/backstory/2008/10/27/the-amish-go-solar-%e2%80%93-in-a-simple-way/

Innisfree in Alaska said...

Hi Dawn. Please let me know about those dresses we discussed. :) I really like those Christmas pics. I don't think we have anything like that here. Well maybe Michael's and Joann's kind of does it. But not like that. I detest the colored trees also the upside down trees. So silly. My husband detests knick-knacks so I wouldn't probably get much at that store anyhow. sigh... So anyhow let me know. - Brianahttp://innisfreeinalaska.typepad.com/innisfree_in_alaska/

Anonymous said...

So great that you are back blogging. I hope you are refreshed from the break. How great that you got to meet another blogging Sister. I would love to meet some in the coming years if I get the chance.

Nice Christmas stuff too. I have to check out this Hobby Lobby because ever since moving out to the West I see them everywhere! You seem to show some great deals at this place.

Does your husband have any interest in joining a police department? They might be hiring and that is a great job for someone with a military background. Just an idea.

Keep warm & many blessings!
Christine

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn,

It was nice chatting with you FINALLY last weekend. I think it funny that you wear dresses during the day yet you sleep in pants, lol! My husband has nixed the flannel in my life - and I live up North!!! Flannel helped keep me warm but he says that's what he's for *wink*