On Friday afternoon Robert and I went to our 1st yard sale since arriving in Texas. For $8 we got all this. Oh and a blue aquarium type candle holder as well which I can't find now...might have fallen in the car somewhere...
Supplies for future dresses. Found the fabric in the $1 and $2 per yard section at Wal-Mart. I did a wrinkle test on them (my friend taught me to take a piece of the fabric and squeeze it for a few seconds and release. That's how she performed the wrinkle test and I have used it since then on clothing) and these fabrics barely wrinkled. Plus one of them (I think the green) is poly-cotton which is good. My friend sent me my pattern already so once that comes, I will ask one of the ladies at church if they would be willing to whip up some dresses for me. All it would cost them would be their time since I got everything else. :-) We'll see.
Robert was at a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament this Saturday for a few hours so I took advantage of the car and hunted around for fall sales. Hobby Lobby was having 50% off their fall / Thanksgiving stuff and 50% off all stickers. Now I love stickers! A girl can never have enough...hee hee, so I took advantage of the sale and got a few packs. The 'Give Thanks' sign will go on our front door instead of a wreath.
Oh while in line at Hobby Lobby, there was this older woman and younger woman behind me. The older one was in a mood because the lady in front of me had to get a price request on something (by the way, the store was jammed pack and so lines are expected...duh...), so anyway I heard the younger lady tell the older one about a friend of hers who wants to have another baby. Her friend has 6 children, with the youngest being 1 years old. The friend was either 32 or 35, I can't remember now. The younger lady goes 'that is just crazy, she's not going to have a life of her own and be able to do anything she wants'. The older woman agreed and told the younger woman to talk to her friend about not having any more children because 'she will still have children living at home when she's 50'.
Some of you moms and dads with many children have probably heard this conversation so you know what I am talking about.
It took every ounce in me to bite my tongue and I am so glad they switched topics right away or else I would have given them a piece of my mind (in a Christian way of course).
We bought this DVD yesterday (Sunday) used. I thought it was just weird. Not because of the Pentecostal aspect, I have no problem with that, just thought it was weird.... hubby likes it though, even though he thought it was weird too. :-) Have you seen it? What are your thoughts on it?
I was supposed to go out to the Mennonite church this past Sunday morning and was so looking forward to it, but didn't get to go because I was up all night (till 3 a.m.) with a belly ache as we had a late dinner. After eating I took a shower and went right to bed and I guess didn't allow the food to digest properly....
So I ended up over sleeping and didn't make it out to Grandview. :-(
So, Robert and I went out to Irving to the full gospel holiness church I had visited in July. This visit made me realize I do not belong there. Nothing wrong with the preacher or people, I just stopped growing there awhile ago and needed to move on to 'meat and potatoes' type Bible living. The same stuff is always preached at this church...all.the.time. And there is so much more to God's Word than salvation and the Holy Ghost baptism. Yes, those things are important, esp. if there are new people coming who need to hear those things, but if you are preaching those things to saved, Spirit filled believers, than you're preaching to the choir so to speak.
I was telling Robert over lunch afterwards that at the Mennonite church I am constantly challenged and it's awesome! Tons of Bible verses from both the Old and New Testament to research, lots of different topics to look into, it's great! It's my 'meat and potatoes' so to speak. He was like 'what do you mean?'. I told him 'well, maybe you should come and find out.' :-)
I love being challenged in my walk with God. I love being able to study why I believe what I do. I love being able to go higher for God. I felt stagnant at this holiness church, and it wasn't anything in my life that was hindering me, I just stopped growing there. It happens...
I will still visit there from time to time, but it's time to see if God would have me be at Grandview Gospel Fellowship and see what I learn from there. I am excited! Praise Yahweh!
Well I haven't really been online all weekend as I got bored with the computer, so I might as well hurry and post this so I can go do some blogging and check my 4,000 (literally) e-mails. :-)
May you all have a safe and fantastic week!
~Dawn
6 comments:
I got to see Jesus Camp when it first came out and yes I thought it was weird. Not because of the Pentacostal thing but it was weird in a way I just can't discribe. I was amazed at how children could be so passionate at such a young age. I mean any of them could have preached to a crowd anywhere.
Sounds like you had a very fruitful weekend. Looks like you certainly found some great goodies.
~blessings
I love Hobby Lobby, don't you?! You found some good deals at the yard sale! I haven't ever seen Jesus Camp... what is it about?
Love yardsales, didn't get to any this weekend, I was up visiting my mom in the hosp. she is battling lung cancer, but God is faithful and brought her mind back to her, she was pretty out of it for a few days, but is now home, so please pray for her, they gave her 7 months to live about 15 months ago. PRAISE THE LORD, only GOD knows....Tracy
For anyone that hasn't seen it, you can watch Jesus Camp on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jesus+camp&search_type=&aq=f
I wanted to see Jesus Camp. I haven't yet though.
I agree with you about needing more meat and potatoes type sermons once you have grown in your faith. My old church taught almost every Sunday on salvation. That was wonderful but I was already saved and needed more guidance in how to live a Christian life.
Post a Comment