BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

One step closer...



Our car was inspected and taken in yesterday (Tuesday). Believe it or not Robert said they were extremely nice and very helpful (a far cry from all the horror stories we heard from others who have left Germany). He did re wash it and got it vacuumed (which he didn't have to pay for that as they let him use their vacuum). They said the car should be in Dallas July 28th but probably sooner.
That's not a problem as we will have a rental car in Texas anyway. I love rental cars! They are brand new, clean and don't sound like they are going to fall apart. :-)
We booked a rental at the DFW airport and it's $175 / week which isn't bad at all. We only booked it for a week but I think I am going to see if we can book it an extra week. But anyway that's beside the point, I am just thinking out loud again....
Robert now rides his bike to work. Thankfully the hot steamy humid days have seemed to disappear for now so it makes bike riding more enjoyable for him.
The bike will be shipped with our household goods on the 26th, so after that, hopefully someone in his unit will have mercy on his soul and offer him rides to work.
Yeah right...you don't know this unit... : /




This is what unaccompanied baggage looks like...at least in our house :-)

The movers were here today for a mere 30 minutes. They were very nice too. I offered them water and when they forgot the black marker to mark the boxes I had one on hand and they were grateful (I would be too...who wants to climb 60 stairs down and 60 stairs back up for a marker?).


Now for the news that I blogged about a few days ago. (Trust me it's not all that exciting)
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Robert has joined the USAR (United States Army Reserves). It's a 3 year obligation and for 2 of those years he non deployable.
We also still get many benefits and privileges just like we do now in active duty.
For joining, Robert received $10,000 as a bonus. He gets $5,000 this year and $5,000 next year.
The cool thing is the USAR office where he will be visiting one weekend a month is 3 miles from our house.
Also because he decided to join the USAR and get honorably discharged from active duty, this September after he is done with active duty altogether, he will receive $20,000 (in one lump sum) as a separation pay.
(Told ya it wasn't that exciting)
So..that is that...now I am off to eat lunch as I didn't have any breakfast.
Tschuss!

6 comments:

deb said...

That $20,000 dollars will go a long way to helping you start life again once he becomes civilian. My hubby is becoming a civilian this next year, also. Say a prayer that he finds work.

MamaOlive said...

I dunno, sounds pretty exciting to me! Praise the Lord for working it all out so nicely. "Rejoice for the steps of a righteous man are ordered by GOD."

Anonymous said...

Hey, if $20,000 isn't that exciting to you, send it my way hehe! =0

Sounds great!

Bev

Patty said...

What a blessing for you two. Looks like lots of busy times coming up with getting ready for the move.

Jackie said...

Praise the Lord! It's a blessing to see God blessing! I've been reading your blog for quite some time, but have never commented (I've only just started my own blog). I enjoy reading!

Rebecca said...

Sounds pretty exciting to me!