BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Passed the housing inspection!


A gentleman by the name of Bob came by our home yesterday to inspect it.
He sent us the report this morning and this is a list of repairs he said he found, but nonetheless we passed!

REPAIR ITEMS
There is wood deterioration in siding and trim boards in areas.

Exterior siding should not be in contact with the soil.

Several interior doors stick and bind in door frames.

Vinyl window glazing or beading is damaged and/or partially missing in areas.

The GFCI receptacles in half bath and kitchen do not trip when tested.
One wall outlet in living room has the hot and neutral wires reversed…marked with a color dot.
Most wall receptacle openings are painted shut.

Insulation is needed on air conditioning suction line.
Beverly, our realtor said that is an excellent inspection! She said she has seen houses that were only 10 years old with pages of problems wrong with it, so...horray!
She is going to contact Paul, the owner of the home to see if he will fix any of the things that need fixing.
He may or may not, it's up to him. Even if he doesn't, we are still taking the house.
The inspection, including termite inspection was only $210. Some of the other comapnies Beverly contacted for us wanted over $300 or more and that didn't even count the termite inspection!
Plus, Bob was willing to work with us as far as payment was concerned.
We decided to mail a money order out Express Mail this past Wednesday to Beverly to give to him, and even though he didn't have the money in his hand, he still went ahead and did the inspection. I think that's wonderful! And I am greatful that he understood our situation with being in Germany and the mail system taking forever to get places. :-)
Well I don't know what happens next with this housing thing, but I am sure we will hear from Beverly next week about the next item on the agenda. :-)
Hope you all have a good weekend! Besides grocery shopping, Robert and I don't have anything planned. And I have church on Sunday, but that's it.
Good...maybe I can finally catch up on my sleep :-)
God Bless,
Dawn
**** Update***
The seller has agreed to fix the following things:
I. Structural Systems


II. Electrical Systems

- Repair/Replace GFCI receptacles in half bath and kitchen
- Wall outlet in living room -- will reverse hot and neutral wires

III. Heating, Ventilation & A/C Systems


- Will insulate air conditioning suction line
Wooooohooooooo!!! God is good! But you all already knew that...lol. He's still good even if the owner would have said no on any repairs. :-)

5 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Well, that is over! LOL! That was a very good inspection! Have a blessed weekend

Michelle Therese said...

That's fantastic news Dawn!!

PlainCatholic said...

Tis exciting to read of your housing adventure. It takes me back to my coltish days of youth when I bought my first house. Good on you and God bless you both!

Anonymous said...

Amen what a blessing!

TXdanielly said...

it is such a cute house!!! I am so excited for you.