BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The buzzard, the bat and the bee


The Buzzard
If you put a Buzzard in a pen that is 6 feet by 8 feet and is entirely
open at the top, the bird, in spite of its ability to fly, will be an
absolute prisoner. The reason is that a Buzzard always begins a flight
from the ground with a run of 10 to 12 feet. Without space to run, as is
its habit, it will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner
for life in a small jail with no top.

The Bat
The ordinary Bat that flies around at night, a remarkably nimble
creature in the air, can not take off from a level place. If it is
placed on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about
helplessly and, no doubt painfully, until it reaches some slight
elevation from which it can throw itself into the air. Then, at once,
it takes off like a flash.

The Bumble Bee
A Bumble Bee, if dropped into an open tumbler, will be there until it
dies, unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the
top, but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near
the bottom. It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely
destroys itself.

People
In many ways, we are like the Buzzard, the Bat, and the Bumble Bee. We
struggle about with all our problems and frustrations, never realizing
that all we have to do is look Up.
Doesn't that sound just like us humans? We try so hard in our nature to fix everything by ourselves. We read self help books, go to psychiatrists, talk to mom or dad, talk to a sibling, talk to a Pastor, visit websites, etc. all instead of going directly to the One who knows exactly how to handle our needs.
His answers are always perfect and there is never any second guessing it.
When life throws curve balls our way, the first person we should take them to is the Lord.
Greetings friends! Hope each and every one of you are doing well.
I have been over my cold / cough for the past few days (praise be unto God) so now I have been working at getting the apartment back to normal. It's amazing how cluttered and dirty a home gets when one is sick and can't do much
.
Sometime this week I believe an inspector is going to inspect our home in Texas. I
ll tell you what, those folks aren't cheap! But this one does a free termite inspection which is good. Some companies charged $75 extra for that!
Hopefully they don't find anything majorly wrong.
I still haven't listed my clothing on eBay yet. I will do it this week though. I think today I will take all the measurements and what not and write them down and maybe even take the pictures and then tomorrow morning list everything. I have found in my closets at least 15 or more dresses, skirts, tops, some never worn, some worn once, to sell.
And I do hope everything will sell so we can put that money towards our soon to be mortgage. :-)
Gas is $3.49 here on base. :-( We heard that at the military bases in the Netherlands gas ranges from$4.07 - $4.16 a gallon!!!! Glad I am not there, but I am sure we will see those prices this summer in Texas.
This week is really dragging by. I hate when weeks do this, I would rather have them go quickly. :-)
I hope you and yours have a wonderful Tuesday. God be with thee! <><
Yours,
Dawn

1 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I know you are anxious to be to your sweet little house! You are fortunate that the inspector does the termite thing too. We had to pay extra and have someone else do it the last house we owned. Glad to that you feel better!