BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Oh what a glorious weekend! Praise be unto Him!


Hello to all my blogging buddies.
I hope your holiday weekend was just as great as mine was.
We spent Saturday thru today (Monday) in Ramstein Germany (only an hour and 15 minutes from us). Mainly because I wanted to go to my church out there.
I got to go to all 3 services ...Saturday night, Sunday morning and Sunday evening.
It was fantastic and I thank God He allowed me the opportunity to go out there.
I needed those church services like you wouldn't believe.
It's a full gospel holiness church with awesome Holy Ghost preaching.
I love it!
I love being able to raise my hands unto God and cry out to Him and not be stared at like some alien from somewhere.
I love being able to shout 'Amen' and not have people look appaled that I would praise God outloud.
I love singing the wonderful songs such as "Nothing But The Blood", "Watch Ye", "Keep On The Firing Line", "He Set Me Free", " Glory To His Name", "At Calvary", etc, etc.
There is no contemporary music there, just good ole' hymns with a beat to it.
Oh Hallelujah!
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Independant Baptist church here in town, I have learned alot actually, but it's so quiet and reserved and hush hush.
I like to be vocal when I pray and praise God.
There is something about crying out from the depths of your soul and just letting it out.
Anyway, the services were awesome this weekend. God dealt with my heart on a few issues in my life which I now have resolved.
And Sunday night Robert went with me which I love when he come with me.
We stayed in a suite on the air base. It was nice actually. $43 per night. We had our own living room, small kitchenette, closet, another room with the bedroom and the bathroom.
Plus, I met a conservative Mennonite young man! Him and his wife were in the same hotel and he said his wife saw me in the morning and was like "look honey, she's in a skirt and headcovering" ...lol. That's rare around here as you can guess.
Anyway we got to talking and found out, they are stationed only 30 minutes from me!!!!!! Oh my goodness...another covered sister was only a few miles away and I never knew it!
I meant to ask him what room he was in so I could meet his wife and talk with her but I had forgotten.
I was so excited to talk with him that I was tripping over my words...lol.
I was hoping our paths would cross again before we left but they didn't :-(
Praise be unto God....
We had a good time...really did and I look forward to going back to Ramstein and church soon.
We ate out, got some books at the used bookstore, did a little shopping and I fellowshipped with the Pastor and his wife at the church which was great as we have known each other for 6 years now. We are more like friends not just church member and minister :-)
Well I just wanted to check in and say hello to all of you. I must tend to dinner.
The Lord bless and keep you all!
Love,
Dawn

9 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I find it very hard to be in a reserved church too! I love to raise my hands and I often am in tears when I worship. That is just how I am!

Dawn said...

Me too! Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with emotion because I think of all that God has done for me and how He saved me and how much He loves me, I end up just crying...but crying because I am so thankful.
They are joyful tears...lol.

Oh Hallelujah!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to hear from you sister!! I was thinking about you the other day as I dusted the delightful Angels you sent me! They are all happy in thier new home :)Everyone comments on them and I tell them that my dear sister sent them to me!
Love you
The LORD bless thee,
Amy

Jimena said...

I'm so happy you were so blessed this weekend. The Lord is good, and I'm just happy and share in your joy for you. Blessings

TeacherMommy said...

This reminds me of the time in the Bible when David went dancing in the streets praising the Lord and his wife looked at him like he was crazy. He didn't apologize and simply went on dancing! Hallelujah!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, your sweet and encouraging comments really brightened my day!

Candace/Chloe said...

Hi Dawn,

Just wanted to say "thanks" for stopping by my blog and congratulating us on our new baby! I'll have to pop on over to your's again and browse a bit!

Blessings,
Candace

Anonymous said...

Praise GOD!! Sounds like true worship!!

Once upon a time, I was the choir director for our small, very conservative, southern baptist church 'back home.' We had worked for weeks on a special arrangement of Amazing Grace (and isn't it AMAZING!!!) and once the choir had completed it (I was in tears, practically sobbing) it was up to me to let the congregation know the number for the offeratory hymn....I turned to face GOD's people, said 'hallalujah, thank you choir - now our offera...blah, blah, blah....'
After that service, I was asked to step down from my position because I was 'too charismatic'!! TOO CHARISMATIC!! Well - praise GOD - I'm still that 'charismatic rebel' who loves to praise Him!

Sorry to have rambled - just felt like sharing!!

Much Love,
PM

Meghann said...

I'm so glad you had such a great weekend Dawn! I am the exact way in worship - when I've visited conservative churches where they are all somber and quiet, I want to ask.."is this what you think Heaven will be like?". But of course I don't! Anyways, looking forward to you guys moving to Arlington, we'll have to get together and meet okay?

Anonymous said...

Dawn that is so great you got to go to NTCC and feel FREE to worship the Lord! Isn't it amazing how when you go somewhere else and then have to suppress some of it how hard it is and how much you miss it? We went to NY for a week last week and attended my husband's dad's services (United Methodist) and I could not wait to get back to WA to have some church! That first service back felt like a taste of Heaven and it felt so good to sing with enthusiasm and praise God with all my heart!

Glad you got to make 3 services! =0

Bev