BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas version of 1 Cor. 13



If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows,strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls,but do not show love to my family,I'm just another decorator.


If I slave away in the kitchen,baking dozens of Christmas cookies,preparing gourmet meals and arranging a beautifully adorned table at mealtime:but do not show love to my family,I'm just another cook.


If I work at a soup kitchen, carol in the nursing home, and give all that I have to charity; but do not show love to my family, it profits me nothing.


If I trim the spruce with shimmering angelsand crocheted snowflakes, attend a myriad of holiday parties and sing in the choir's cantata but do not focus on Christ,I have missed the point.


Love stops the cooking to hug the child.

Love sets aside the decorating to kiss the spouse.

Love is kind, though harried and tired.

Love does not envy another's homethat has coordinated Christmas china and table linens.

Love does not yell at the kids to get out of the way,but is thankful they are there to be in the way.

Love does not give only to those who are able to give in return; but rejoices in giving to those who cannot.


Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, andendures all things.


Love never fails.

Video games will break, pearl necklaces will be lost, golf clubs will rust; but giving the gift of love will endure.


Author: Sharon JaynesTaken from Celebrating a Christ Centered Christmas
I first came across this little message last year and it is so true, especially right now when people and chaos become one.
We must remember that even if we don't get every decoration up and in it's specific place, Christmas will still come, you will have a good time with family and friends, and Christmas will depart. The world isn't going to fall apart if we fail to put the tradional something or other up. :)
So, have fun within the next couple days! Decorate till your heart is content, watch Christmas movies till your eyes hurt, listen to Christmas music till you got every note and tune down. There is nothing wrong with that. I do it...LOL.
But always, always, remember Christ!
There is a spiritual and a fun side to Christmas and I am not ashamed to say I like both. I enjoy the awe and childlike wonderment of the season. I believe in Christmas miracles and I like to think the world marches to a different beat this time of year. I am not talking about the busyness and consumerism, but there is a something else that takes place this time of year that many I think feel. Hmmm...
But Jesus is my all and all and He is always first in my days and my nights.
I don't worship my Christmas tree, Santa figurines, villages, or waterglobes...those are just decorations...
I worship the One and only...Christ Jesus!
Thank you Heavenly Father for giving me another year to expierance another CHRISTmas here on this Earth. Help me to keep you in all my every day activities and to pass on your joy, your love, your mercy to others.
In your name I pray,
Amen.

3 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That was a wonderful post my dear friend!

deb said...

Very lovely decorations.

June Elizabeth @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Hi Dawn Marie,

I really liked this and the Recipe of Love and thought I'd post it over at my blog. Hope you don't mind!

Many blessings...