It has been a good week! Even though all I heard was constant screaming (we live next to a school) from children, people drunk at 1:30 a.m. (our neighbors) and some other minor inconvienances, it has been a cool week!
I thought I would share just SOME of my blessings from this week :)
In the mail I recieved from Sister Amy in Australia, a wonderful card, an inspirational card along with one of the best CD's I have ever heard that she mixed together for me. In fact I am listening to it right now as I type this blog. :) Yesterday when I picked it up in the mail, I tore it open and put the CD in while I was driving to the grocery store and I only got thru the first song but I was walking around the store all choked up thinking of God's grace and mercy and the fact that He still loves me faults and all. When I screw up, He reminds me He loves me. I almost fell on my knees in the store and cried out to God in thankfulness, but I composed myself in the store and waited till I got home. :)
Sister Amy, thank you for this little gift you sent. Thank you so much for your encouragment. Thank you for lifting me up when I am down and I am so glad God allowed our paths to cross and I am thankful for your friendship in my life! You truly are a blessing to me!
*hugs*
Also earlier this week I got an encouragement card and some stickers from my good buddy Michelle there in Scotland! Another piece of inspiration. Michelle...thank you so much for your friendship! Thank you for serving God along side with me! Thank you for your chats on MySpace :) And thank you for the phone conversation we had not too long ago! We probably could have talked each other's ears off for several more hours! LOL. You also are an awesome person and I thank God He has allowed me to meet you. I hope one day we can meet in the near future! Love you Sis!
I am involved in probably 16 Christian Yahoo groups and in one of them there was a headcovering swap going on. I didn't participate because I don't sew. But one of the sisters sent me a cover she made anyway! Awwww.... what a sweetie!I don't know if I have anything to wear it with, but I know I will cherish it. :)

A Thomas Kinkade wall tapestry I got in the mail earlier. Sorry I took the picture crooked. :)

A Thomas Kinkade wall tapestry I got in the mail earlier. Sorry I took the picture crooked. :)
I have many more than these, but soon it will be time to order Christmas gifts and last minute things needed before winter comes. Hide the credit card! :)
I have gotten 16 penpal letters written since last month. All these letters below is still what I have to answer! I hope to make a dent of some sort this week in the pile.I love my penpals. Many are my closest best friends whom we share life's trials and happiness' with. :) Many I have had since high school! Some I have met recently, and I hope to write to more as God places them in my life. I have been penpalling for 12 years and it doesn't look like I will be stopping anytime soon :) Who doesn't love getting a letter in the mail :)
A new Godly magazine provided free of charge by Charity Ministries. Still have yet to begin it.
I loooooooove Christmas movies!!!! Love them! I watch them year round and never get tired of them! Same think with Christmas music! I got this DVD just the other day off eBay really cheap. My mom taped it for me last year and the sequal to it "Meet The Santa's" which both I loved. But when I saw this on DVD, I couldn't resist getting it. Esp. since our VCR seems to have a mind of it's own. :) A very good wholesome family movie. No cursing, no violence, no nudity, etc. ;)
I have had other small little blessings this week, but I wanted to name a few before I got back to answering my mail. :)
I hope and pray you all have a very blessed weekend! May God's light shine ever so bright in each of you this weekend and next.
Love,
Dawn
9 comments:
Dawn - I'm glad you had a nice week. And it's so neat you have penpals! :)
Dawn, what a nice week :). Btw as you probably know from my blog, I love to cook. But I have far too many cookbooks... One of them is a Mennonite one (in English, country-style recipes & kitchen secrets). I really never use it although it includes so much great information, but I was wondering if you would like to have it. Just email me at jhoffmann04 at yahoo dot de. I'd love to send it to you!
Oh sister I am so glad the CD was a blessing to you. It didn't take long to arrive either :) Thank you for your kind words.
You are a blessing to me as well!!
Sis Amy
I like Christmas Movies as well. I just added you to my fave blogs!
OOOoooOOOOO! Yay! The letter made it to you so I can send your boxes! Only problem is...the entire British postal service has been on strike for the past week and they aren't going back to work any time soon. So you'll still have to wait. Oy! I have a subscription to that "Heartbeat of the Remnant" magazine too! If you ask them for some back issues they'll send them!
We have the traditional fall dance coming up, "Harvest Home", and I ordered a nice dress...but with the postal strike I just might have to attend the dance in my farmer overalls hahaha! GOD BLESS!!!
You have had a wonderful week. i am so glad!
Aye, we received a wee bit of rain as blessing too. God knows our needs and in His abundant Mercy He is generous in His Blessings.
We have the same bedspread only we show the darker blue side .... too cool
i'd love to be a penpal of yours!!!
if you want to be email me privately- agodlyhomemaker@avirtuouswoman.org
Post a Comment