BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 14, 2007

Sniff sniff :(



Today Dixie went to a new home. One of Robert's co workers took her. :(
The whole month we had Dixie I kept saying I wanted to find her a new home, but now that she's gone, I miss her and want her back.
I admit it, when she left I cried. As I type this, I am crying...LOL. The screen is all blurry so if I make mistakes, forgive me.
I know it's all for the best in the long run, esp. since Dixie's new owners will be in Germany till 2010.
We can go over and visit Dixie anytime, but I probably won't.
How in the world did I get so attached in a short amount of time?
Even Robert is sad. :(
Robert said I can get a kitty if I wanted. Of course I want a kitty, I have wanted one since I have been on my own, but I don't know if I will get one. We'll see.
Tony is over watching movies but I am not really talkative right now. In fact, I feel like crying again....LOL.
*sigh*

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh bless your heart!
It is funny how the enter in to our affections so quickly!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry.

I know all we did was take one dog to get a hair cut. (she has tons of fur and it was 103 out and HOT) I almost cried when he had to drop her off. I did cry once I got her back in my car.

I hope you get a kitty. They can be such fun.

Cheer Up!

Mrs. Anna T said...

Awwww... I understand you so well... those furry friends can really win our hearts in a minute!

Yup... kitties are fun... I'm trying to distract mine with a toy now, because she's trying to help me type4ggkkkkkkkkkkkkkgrr4ccdddd! Also, she's obviously fascinated with the mouse cursor, and is trying to catch it on the computer screen! So cute.

Anonymous said...

I had 2 chocolate labs and it was so hard when I had to find them new homes. They had medical issues we just couldn't deal with plus at the time we were working so I just couldn't care for them the way one needed to.

Eventually the sad feeling will go away and you'll be happy that the dog is in a good home.

Kati said...

Ooooh, I hope you find a pet to replace Dixie's place in your home at some point. I just cannot imagine a house actually being a home without a four-legged family-member. (Unless of course somebody is allergic, at which point exceptions must be made.) I grew up with kitty-cats, but my husband is badly allergic, so I've had to make my home without a cat sharing it. (Though I did try, and was vacuuming twice a day, and bathing my baby-boy-cat, but that still didn't stop DH's allergic reactions to the cat, even though he'd never had a problem with his mom's cat. After 5 weeks with my baby-boy cat, I had to find a new home for him. Took me a couple of weeks to forgive the hubby for that.)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Sending big hugs. It doesn't take long to get attached. I think you should get a kitty.

PlainCatholic said...

I ken your sorrow, Dawn. Tis love and tears, our pets. We have an old cat who is approaching 18 years. Her son died a year ago. Truly they are like family.

Can you imagine how difficult it is for foster parents of children who become adopted and leave? I cannot even think to it.

Michelle Therese said...

How sad!!!

Former IFB King James Only woman said...

awwwwwwwww she will be missed but again you have a chance to go see her until you come back here in the states.
I pray for healing but it's in God's will the doggy is with the new owners. God has other plans what future pets you have.
I used to have a Himaylan blue point named EVE. She died a day before Thanksgiving 2005 and she was 5 years old. We went to go visit a friend and her husband baby they was passing through and wanted to see us.
My FIL told my husband and I that our cat was behind the TV not moving that much. When my husband took her out behind her he shouted your cat died. I was in tears and they buried her.
Several months later we got our calico and her sister that is white and with a heart shaped mark around her right ears and they are better cats then the Himyalan.

Rebecca said...

Oh Dawn I'm so sorry. I know it has been a while now. I hope you are doing ok.