BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 20, 2007

Have a blessed evening <><


Any of you ever see this PBS special? I got it off eBay like a week or two ago. It's really neat. It takes a family from 1999 and transforms them back to 1900. It takes place somewhere in London I believe. It's amazing to see how people worked, lived, played, back in the turn of the century. I know I would be right at home if I did a show like this...LOL. A little too at home. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era because I just don't fit into they era of 2000 (thank God).
Your library may have this to rent, go check it out!
Tony came over today. Him and Robert have been playing video games all day. Pray for Tony. He's a nice young man, his home life is nuts though, that's why he spends time with us, to get away from the insanity that happens in the 4 walls of his home. Also, pray for his salvation. He prayed the prayer of repentance a few years ago, but well, you know how 18 year olds are???? : /
For dinner I made us some BBQ chicken pieces, steamed brocolli, and homemade mashed potatoes. Also made some homemade chocolate chip cookies which hopefully within the next few days Robert will eat them cuz I do not care for semi sweet choc. chips...yuck! But I had to use them up before they went bad.
Dixie has been acting crazy today, it all started with her chewing through the screen door this morning and she's been bad ever since.
I handwashed some clothes this morning and hope to do some more tomorrow amongst my errands. I hope it doesn't rain since my umbrella is in the car...
Hopefully the car will be fixed this week. We called the auto part store and they said they mailed it the 15th and it should be here tomorrow. We'll see. Our mail people are really lazy and slow here...except when the holiday season arrives, then they actually do something...LOL. Ahhh...that's military life...
Well it's time for me and hubby to have one on one time, than take crazy dog for her evening walk, shower and drop in bed. Sooooo sleeeeepy.....
God Bless You folks!

11 comments:

Mrs. Anna T said...

You know... I think that more than we don't fit into the era, the era doesn't fit into what's good and right!! So I'm happy to be a misfit :)

Jana said...

Yes I have seen this, it was very neat. I was interesting to see the views of the oldest daughter, I don't think 1900 suited her at all. We didn't think they follwed it as closely as they should have.
We also watched colonial house and manor house those were very neat as well. We have Frontier House on reserve at the library. I know it is very hard for these people to go from modern life to a very hard working life. You can reall appreciate some of our advances, like vaccum cleaners and toilet paper. I don't think I could live with the bathing once a week or less and no toilet paper. i know what a wimp.
Jana

Anonymous said...

There was a similar one done here in Australia called Outback House. They took a whole group of people and they had to set up a sheep station(great big farm!) like they would have in the 1880's. It was great I loved it, would have suited me to a tea!! Like you I am in the wrong era! Maybe that is why the plain life intrests me so much, they have been able to hold on to that.
Blessings
Amy!

Anonymous said...

I have a post for you on my blog. My daughter found it for me and I though of you and your hubby.

I'm glad I don't fit in either. I've always wanted my little house on the prarie. Maybe someday!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn....

Can you email me please through the link on my blog????

Many thanks :)
Blessings
Amy

Michelle Therese said...

I was able to catch a few episodes of that and it was REALLY good! I wish I could have seen it from beginning to end. How many episodes are there?

Dawn said...

I have seen bits and pieces of Colonial House and loved it! That's next on my list to buy.
I have a promo DVD of Texas Ranch House but it doesn't have all the episodes on it so I have to get that too. I have Frontier House...totally awesome!
I checked up on Manor House and 1940's House but I am not sure if they suit me...LOL. Actually 1940's House may because I mean, it really wasn't that far away, know what I mean? :)


I e-mailed you Amy, hope you got it! Either that or the computer ate it. :)

Michelle, not sure how many episodes are on 1900 House..I know I could go look but I am beat right now. This dog is taking alot out of me...don't ask what she did today... : /

Bless you all!

Mrs. D said...

There is a similar show on German television right now. It's called Adventure 1900 (Abenteuer 1900) and runs from Monday to Friday at 6.50 pm (not tomorrow though) on ARD.
Sometimes I think it'd be fun to participate in such a show :).

Dawn said...

I don't get German TV even though I live in Germany. We get AFN (American Forces Network) for free which has about 8 channels. We could get cable / kabel but it's outrageous and besides, we aren't really interested in it. Better to save our money or give it to someone who needs it. :)

Been thinking about ya Jeannine!!!

Anonymous said...

i loved 1900's house!!! i have seen all the other ones that pbs has broadcast - check out ebay and see if you can find them too. they are a real family treat!

June Elizabeth @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

This looks interesting! I told the children about it and we found it at our local library. We will probably watch it tonight! Thanks for the tip, Dawn. :) It is so hard to find good, wholesome movies today.

Many blessings...