
Robert loves when I make this. In fact I just made the one you see today. It's so easy and delicious especially for summer. Here is the recipe:
* 32 Oreo cookies
* 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
* 2 cups cold 2% milk
* 2 pkg. (4 serving size each) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
* 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP topping, thawed; divided
Directions:
1. Finely crush 24 of the cookies, mix with butter. Press firmly onto bottom and up side of a 9 inch pie plate.
2. Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. (Mixture will be thick)
3. Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the pudding into crust. Gently stir 1/2 of the whipped topping into remaining pudding; spread over pudding layer in crust. Chop remaining 8 cookies, stir into remaining whipped topping. Spread over pie.
4. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set
Makes 10 servings.
I use to crush my Oreo's in a large Ziploc bag and with a rolling pin. Then last month my mom got us a food processor for our anniversary and I used that today to finely chop the Oreo's and it worked totally awesome. Of course I broke up the Oreo's first before putting them in the processor so I don't break the blades.
The last time I made an Oreo pie was Thanksgiving 2006, so I guess it was due time to make another one.
Hope you all enjoy!
Hugs!
3 comments:
Hi Dawn Marie,
This pie looks amazing and just the sort of thing my DH loves!
I found your blog through The Walled Garden, but when I saw a picture of you, I realized we're both part of the Amish and Mennonite Group! I mostly just lurk on the list, but small world, huh?
This looks amazing dawn, I am going to have to think about how to substitute things so I can make it here!!
Amy
This is SO unfair Dawn hahaha!
Post a Comment